The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a bit, learning a ton from you all as I begin my Lotus journey. I just purchased this car from Eric at Suspension Performance: 2005 Elise Race | SP-Motorsports and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm in the process of making it (barely) streetable so I can drive it to/from track events/autox until such time as I get a trailer. Also, I'm excited to drive it around the Santa Cruz mountains where I live.

I'd love to connect with any of you in the area for a drive/coffee meetup. Thanks for all the help and knowledge sharing already!

Best, Nick

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
welcome!

I recommend you head up to Portola Valley Cars & Coffee on May 18th @ 8:30, it's a much more down to earth C&C with "normal people", plus the drive is obviously beautiful. Though if you do the hwy9+skyline route from SC you'll probably have to leave at 7 to get there by 830 : )

I plan to be there, usually a couple other Lotuses show up.

815 Portola Road Portola Valley, CA, 94028
https://www.siliconvalleymotorclub.com/calendar/2019/4/20/im0ndblcury1p5q8mj4xtkeg5s5n9c-e7s5z

Reactions: Papillon

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Nick,

Welcome to the Lotus world! There's no going back...

If not done so already, check out and join the Golden Gate Lotus Club (GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Lotus Car Club for Lotus Enthusiasts - Track Days, Autocrosses, Meets, Tours, Vintage Racing & More!). The GGLC has groups in the Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles & San Diego. The club presents meet-ups, drives, autocrosses, track days and more.

Look forward to meeting you at an upcoming event!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Post a photo of your car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here she is in her former glory as Lotus Cup winner, 2014. Currently semi-disassembled in my driveway, but pictures coming...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I did that before I even purchased the car! I look forward to meeting you in person at some of the events, Kyoshi.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nick,

There is small group (Evora and Elise owners, maybe 9 of us) that are from San Jose, South Bay or the Peninsula, that usually meet up for drives on the weekend. You're more than welcome to join us.

Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts