The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have to say what a GREAT website. I spent months researching a new vehicle purchase and found the information/insight on Lotus Talk invaluable. I've owned an '84 Turbo Esprit and '72 Europa Twin Cam in the past and I'll admit the ownership experience was a little slanted towards the frustration side of the frustration/exhilaration scale. Never-the-less, I was hooked. I set my sights on an Exige and a little patience paid off. Last November, Veteran's Day to be exact (fitting as I'm active duty Air Force) I flew from my home in Salt Lake City to Albuquerque to drive home a new 2010 Exige S. I've since put almost 5K troublefree, good weather miles on it and smile EVERY time I push the start button.

I've recently been transferred from UT to the Newport News, VA area - locals drop me a line.

Since it's taken me a while to get around to posting this, I have a few months of ownership under my belt and will share the following:

-Chrome Orange doesn't just get your attention, it reaches out and smacks you upside the head
-This is the most photographed car I have ever owned (of course, digital photography wasn't around when I had my Esprit)
-Not many people know what a Lotus is (great posts on this site on how to answer this)
-A lot of people don't know that England still makes cars!
-You cannot stop for gas and not get asked a few questions - my favorite, "How fast does it go?" My answer, "The speed limit, it just gets there VERY quickly!"
-My teenage son thinks I'm the coolest now, and doesn't mind being seen with me, as long as we're in the Lotus
-These cars can be used as daily drivers as long as you are a fanatic (and smaller in stature, and flexible, and don't pack a large lunch, and...)

Here's to the best driving experience possible!

Cheers,
Severin

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome, great looking car! I live in Newport News as well. There's a handful of Elise's running around in this area and then over across the water there's an Exige or two. Unfortunately I sold my Exige over the winter but I'm picking up another one shortly. We'll have to get up and cruise around sometime once I get back into one.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!! These are amazing machines. I was absolutely consumed after my first drive and could not rest until I had one of my own. ENJOY!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats! Always great to see another CO car. I'm up in Alexandria, there's a great dealer up this way as well as some top notch cars and coffees.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome. You missed last Saturday's Lee Hall show where there were 4 Lotus: 2 Elise (one setup for T2 SCCA racing) M100 and an Elan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's a "big" orange on your sweet little car! It carries it off beautifully!

Enjoy and congratulations!

·
Registered
45 Posts
congrats

i have CO elise in va beach am NAVY. Know another in newport news with ST exige hope to see you at a cars and coffee soon. should be nice weather for C&C williamsburgh next weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts