The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our new to us 2005 Elise and my son and I drove it back 2000 miles over the weekend. Great trip with no problems and had an excellent sidetrip on the dragon in TN/NC. I do have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered before searching every forum

1) Why didn't someone tell me the whole car wakes up at 6500 rpm!

2) I get a few rattles from the suspension at low speeds on cracks in pavement, etc. Sounds like suspension endlink metallic type sounds, but car drives wonderfully.

3) Low beam driving at night is downright horrible. Almost as bad as my 1962 356. What is best low cost upgrade to improve and realign them?

4) My car still has 10 months left on warranty and all service work is up to date. It was bought as a leftover in March 2006 and car has about 14k miles on it now. What should I be certain to watch out for before warranty expires? I am over 2hrs from nearest dealer also.

5) I am in now hurry to modify car as I should learn to extract what it can do first. It does have upgraded stainless lines and brake pads. A sector 111 trunk storage compartment and engine lid support bracket. Stereo has been upgraded to an Alpine with ipod controls. Any other suggested mods?

Thanks in advance all.:nanner:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Merely aligning the headlights can make a huge difference. Next step up is Osram Silverstar bulbs (not the Sylvania Silverstars you see in Pep Boys, etc). Adding fog lights or driving lights (depending on where you expect to use them, around traffic or not) would be another good upgrade.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
. I do have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered before searching every forum

:
Yep.... you have a need to read...... ( old threads ) congrats with the car.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
HIDs will solve all your lighting problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts