The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve searched the threads regarding issues with the door locks and it seems to be pretty common but I can’t find a thread with an issue that is quite similar to mine. The passenger side door will lock with the fob and the button inside. When you hit the unlock it will unlock drivers door but not passenger door so you manually have to pull the cylinder up on passenger side to open the door. I thought maybe it was the actuator but it still seems to lock the car ok it just won’t unlock the vehicle. Could this be the CDL that I keep reading about ?

UPDATE: I took out actuator and plugged it in on the other side and it locks and unlocks so it can’t be the actuator.

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Do you have you exterior key lock positioned the same as drivers side?

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Humm if they're both horizontal you might try SirLotus he's the cdl guru and sells fobs and parts if nobody else chimes in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar issue, on mine it would pop the fuse when I tried to lock it, I purchased a replacement actuator but after taking the door card off and working the mechanism it was jamming up on some plastic parts internally. I ended up spraying the mechanism down with some silicone lubricant and manually worked the interior peg until it ran smooth (I could feel a huge difference when manually actuating after this process) my locks are working great and I plan on doing the same to the driver door as it feels a bit sticky as well.

The mechanism will lock the actuator out if the door inst latched all the way, I'm guessing that on my car even when the door is fully latched the internal mechanism that locked out the actuator was still partially engaged. I think the above process cleaned out the mechanism and allowed it to move freely with the latch.

If you find out its your actuator PM me and I'll give you a good deal on the new one I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar issue, on mine it would pop the fuse when I tried to lock it, I purchased a replacement actuator but after taking the door card off and working the mechanism it was jamming up on some plastic parts internally. I ended up spraying the mechanism down with some silicone lubricant and manually worked the interior peg until it ran smooth (I could feel a huge difference when manually actuating after this process) my locks are working great and I plan on doing the same to the driver door as it feels a bit sticky as well.

The mechanism will lock the actuator out if the door inst latched all the way, I'm guessing that on my car even when the door is fully latched the internal mechanism that locked out the actuator was still partially engaged. I think the above process cleaned out the mechanism and allowed it to move freely with the latch.

If you find out its your actuator PM me and I'll give you a good deal on the new one I have.
I took the actuator out and had it still plugged into the harness. It would lock but not unlock even out of the door. So don’t think it’s getting stuck unfortunately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took the actuator out and had it still plugged into the harness. It would lock but not unlock even out of the door. So don’t think it’s getting stuck unfortunately.
So when you plug in the actuator (Not connected to anything mechanically) on the driver side it works in both directions but when plugged in on the passenger side it will only actuate in and not out?

If thats the case it sounds like an issue with a relay in the CDL or potentially with wiring between the CDL and actuator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when you plug in the actuator (Not connected to anything mechanically) on the driver side it works in both directions but when plugged in on the passenger side it will only actuate in and not out?

If thats the case it sounds like an issue with a relay in the CDL or potentially with wiring between the CDL and actuator.
Yea I’m starting to think it’s the CDL. I appreciate the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts