The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just starting my Lotus adventure, but I have had dealings with most of the sponsor/venders here. I've bought from several, and typically if I didn't buy from one it's because they told me that someone else had a better solution for my need. I am impressed with the passion and professionalism that these people are bringing to such a small community.
After reading some of the threads about parts (yes, I use the search function to research!) I was disappointed to see how frequently a commenter complains about charging 10 or 20% over some random eBay shop to get a tested bolt on solution instead of an MR-2 compatible part. As a business person, I recognize that with many of these items you may be looking at under 2 dozen sales ever. This does not leave much room to recoup R&D, overhead, maybe even make a little profit. The frequent group buys show willingness to share the economies of scale.
All this said, I work for a living and can't afford many parts out there, and I choose not to spend my money on others(I don't want to be quoted as the reason to raise prices. ;) ) But the variety and creativity of parts out there for varying budgets, combined with the friendly and helpful people has been a really nice surprise. Thank you for helping provide such a deep catalog of parts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts