The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new to the forum, just brought my elise used on monday.

I have problems locking the car with the remote. Everytime I lock the car with the remote it locks fine, but then after 5 seconds it makes a steady beep. Like if you forget the close the light. I tried resyncing the key fob but still no luck.

The second thing is that i'm planning on installing a indash nav, the type where it folds out. Something like this Pioneer AVIC-N4 Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com My question is if anyone has had experiance with one of those. Does it block the AC when it's in use and will it be possible to modify the unit so that i could install it upside down and then flip the controls and display, or would that be a lot of work.

Thank You,
Kevin

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Make sure that the front access panels are put on correctly, that the boot lid is shut, passenger door is closed, etc. It sounds like one of the switches is not closed properly and you are getting the "something's ajar" warning. Most commonly not recognized, IMO, are the access panels just in front of the windscreen.

Several people have installed flip out screens. Do a search and you will find several threads about it. Many have modified the wiper stalk as the screens seem to hit them when coming out. No problems with blocking the central vents. Many have eliminated them all together for gauges etc without problems.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try turning the pivoting interior light to the lowest position.
Yup thanks that was the problem, miss read the manual. I would think the interior light should be in the off position

What's the front access panels? Is that the two pieces above my vents?

·
Registered
685 Posts
How long was it between removing the key from the ignition and you pressing the key fob?

I know, sounds like a weird question. I have a 2006 Elise and if I were to arm it within say, 15 secs, I will get a loud beep (search for my thread on this beep thing). If I wait a bit longer, then it's OK.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Like if you forget the close the light.
Try turning the pivoting interior light to the lowest position.
Yup thanks that was the problem, miss read the manual. I would think the interior light should be in the off position
My alarm doesn't beep after arming based on the light position but the motion sensor doesn't function properly unless the light is in the down position. I'm glad it was a simple fix for you.

What's the front access panels? Is that the two pieces above my vents?
Yes. Directly in front of the windscreen. Access for the brake fluid reservoir, fuse box, etc. They have alarm switches under them and need to be placed back properly or the alarm sounds a warning beep, just like if you leave the boot open and arm the alarm system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts