The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been stalking the forums on here tryin to get all the info i could take in before i pulled a trigger on an exige...

Well i pulled the trigger!!! i have purchased an 07 exige S in Ardent Red. Its Brand new. Touring Pack, limited slip, traction control, star shield, and a stage 2 exhaust.

Ive been getting told i have gotten a steal of a deal. I got the car for $49,900 out the door it comes out to $54,300.

Well ill be flying out to pick it up this coming thursday. I will be driving back home approximately 420 miles.

Is there any suggestions on how I should drive it back regarding the break in period? would i have to fluctuate speeds or is it okay to stay at a constant pace? I heard something about that here on the forums before

I still have my 06 convertible corvette which I will be getting rid of myself. and yes i know the lotus is a completely different experience!!!
Looking Forward to it!:nanner:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Welcome Ray!

Keep it under 6200 rpm for the first 1000 miles! You can "fluctuate" all you want!

SLOWLY in and out of driveways!

Enjoy - and post pictures!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Congratz!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
AWESOMO

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Best color ever! You got a smokin deal. For example, I got my 06 Exige list at $54k, out the door around $59k. Wish I could have had an S, but they weren't available when I got mine. That said, I've gotten to enjoy 2 years of Lotus motoring in the meantime.

Congrats on your new toy, post pix so I can be more jealous.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well ill be flying out to pick it up this coming thursday. I will be driving back home approximately 420 miles.
My drive-it-home was 17 hours, Houston to Northern Illinois. GREAT 'bonding time' with the car. Enjoy! :shift:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Okay. Page 73 of the Exige Owner's Handbook says:

NOTICE: Failure to comply with the following break-in provisions could invalidate the terms of the car warranty.

"It is important during the car's early life to limit the workload on the engine... " "However, being too sympathetic on the car will not allow the piston rings to to bed in satisfactorily, so a balance of spirited and gentle use is required." "For the first 600 miles use no more than moderate throttle openings (about half of the available pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuously at engine speeds over 4500 RPM. Occasional short burst at higher RPM will be beneficial, as will constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gear box."

Page 74 says:

"After 600 miles have been covered, full throttle and/or maximum RPM may be used for short periods..." "... (Only After) first 'After Sales' service has been carried out should full car performance be exploited"

PLEASE read these pages in the Handbook before you drive it.

I had one 8490 RPM reading at the 1000 mile service and several above 8000, but all of them came after the first 600 miles. The Lotus tech said it all looked great as far as the engine break-in.

I love my "S" and I'm sure you will too! PM me if you have any questions. And have fun!

Ben

·
Registered
259 Posts
WHY WOULD SOMEONE FROM Sacramento, CA LISTEN TO A CLOWN

NOW, PEOPLE FROM MINNESOTA, WELL WE WOULD.....BECAUSE WE LIKE OUR CLOWNS..........TO A POINT!;)
LOL! ALL of my clowns are evil. Some even scare me.

My avatar is one of about 7 clown mask I use to scare the "candy" out of the little kids at Halloween. We setup a "Midnight Carnival" and see if the kids leave more candy in the yard as they SCREAM and drop it everywhere. We DO NOT scare the little ones. Only the 10+ year olds that think they don't get scared. They do. We love it, and I end up with about a pound of candy all over the yard.

Just to note, we have about 250 to 300 people, not just kids, show up at the house each year from as far away as 30 miles. We have a reputation as doing it BIG. We give away from 30 to 40 pounds of candy each year.

Here's one of my favorite "props" we setup each year. It's called a "Hell Mouth" and I change it every year. The pumpkins are hand carved, I did about 8 last year. And the demon is rising out of a hole in the yard, with lights and "steam" rising around him. It's always a big hit.

hellmouth.jpg

I even used the lotus as a Halloween prop!

Jack-O-Lotus
Jack O Lotus.jpg

If you're in Krum, Texas (45 miles North of Dallas) this Halloween, PLEASE stop by. If you've been good all year... you just may make it out of the yard with your life... but no garranty. :evil:

And now, back to our regulary scheduled thread...

Ben

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
ahhhhh!! :eek:

btw, congrats! :up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts