The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, the car is fantastic to drive, looks great, feels solid and draws crowds everywhere. My complaints, though, are SIGNIFICANT and as follows:

1) a locking glovebox, even a tiny one on the aluminum shelf, would be nice.

2) where do I put spare change?

3) What's up with the lousy taped L O T U S letters on the back? Spring for cheap plastic or aluminum. I'll deal with the extra 6 ounces.

4) Hmmm where do I put my XM sattellite receiver?

BTW-no ashtray or lighter. Good deal. I hate cigarette smoke...and obviously I do not have any real complaints. :D

My wife took her first ride and was very happy, especially with the physical closeness to me :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i am hoping there is space for an xm radio under the seat or something. i would hate to have to rig up some sort of stick on for a small unit like a roady or something. is the blau xm ready by any chance? that would be sweet. then the radio could hide anyplace. in my spyder i have the xm receiver stuck to the wall behind the driver's seat and an amp on the wall behind the passenger seat. no issues even when caught in the rain. so i am sure hiding something in a place like that would work IF it fits

considering removing the stick on lettering? i can see a group buy coming on new letters in either black or chrome

·
Registered
818 Posts
im takeing my radio and replacing it right away. my new unit will be xm ready.

so anyone want to get on my waiting list for my radio?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i for one will be curious about what you end up putting in

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Those are not complaints that is just asking for features that you knew this car did not possess:rolleyes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Surferjer said:
So far, the car is fantastic to drive, looks great, feels solid and draws crowds everywhere. My complaints, though, are SIGNIFICANT and as follows:

1) a locking glovebox, even a tiny one on the aluminum shelf, would be nice.

2) where do I put spare change?

3) What's up with the lousy taped L O T U S letters on the back? Spring for cheap plastic or aluminum. I'll deal with the extra 6 ounces.

4) Hmmm where do I put my XM sattellite receiver?

BTW-no ashtray or lighter. Good deal. I hate cigarette smoke...and obviously I do not have any real complaints. :D

My wife took her first ride and was very happy, especially with the physical closeness to me :)
Honestly, no real gripes at all. . . . . .

I just have no clue how to mount my V1. On the rear windshield with remote? Damn.

·
Registered
970 Posts
tech, you should be the first person to hardwire the V1 on Elise and take pics for a DIY site on it..:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have that head unit in my 350z...let me warn you that the ride may be so stiff that it nocks the head units pop out screen out of alignment...the screen catches the head unit somitimes when it opens ...it has put some scratches right under the screen

·
Registered
140 Posts
mact3333 said:
tech, you should be the first person to hardwire the V1 on Elise and take pics for a DIY site on it..:)
Maybe, but it would not be easy. I would mount the main unit on the rear windshield, then the remote somewhere up front. . . .maybe underneath the rearview mirror.

CORRECTION: After just going out for a midnight cruise, the standard beams are too low. The highs are fine, but the lows need to be raised about 12 inches.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, now that last idea looks awesome (and expensive).

My complaints aren't really that bad-it was more tongue in cheek-except for the letters and the change! THere's no where to put change. Not a big deal, the car is stupendous.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Surferjer said:
Wow, now that last idea looks awesome (and expensive).

My complaints aren't really that bad-it was more tongue in cheek-except for the letters and the change! THere's no where to put change. Not a big deal, the car is stupendous.
Where do you put your registration and insurance papers? I don't mind carrying change in my pocket, but...

kbob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
There is a plan... to design a small compartment and a pocket for stuff like that. Along with an IPOD holder and more.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think Sector 111 will jump in and make some kind of compartment for registration, proof of insurance, etc. Just something with velcro straps that mounts near the center console would suffice.

Why they didn't take the shelf on the passenger side and make a small glove box I have no idea. The space is there. The shelf is there. Put a lid over it and call it good. Somebody will make one.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
kbob said:
Where do you put your registration and insurance papers? I don't mind carrying change in my pocket, but...

kbob
i keep my insurance card in my wallet.

don't need to carry registration papers...registration and inspection stickers are on the windshield

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Re: Re: New owners-what are your complaints?

Tech_KO said:
Honestly, no real gripes at all. . . . . .

I just have no clue how to mount my V1. On the rear windshield with remote? Damn.
It would have been more logical to put the power source where the central locking button is, so that the V1 can go right on the front windshield as usual.

Are you driving unprotected? :eek:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Shinoo-

How about chrome letters that are stick on (I would prefer not to drill holes in the back)? And the Lotus badge, for those that prefer it.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
There may be a problem with legal rights from Lotus to recreate the badging.

Though I suppose an aftermarket supplier could sell you a
LOUTS badge. If you choose to change the order, that would be up to you.

SOLUT!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts