The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think this make the Evora looks better and the weight saving near the top is a must do for any Lotus. It's my best mod and everyone likes it. Here are some pictures on my S1 Evora.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saw this got refreshed with a new set of packages... and saw a CF kit being offered up, $5k for the set. Just a little tempted...

Lotus Cars USA refresh ‘Parts Bundle Offers’ with new deals
Offers
Saw this got refreshed with a new set of packages... and saw a CF kit being offered up, $5k for the set. Just a little tempted...

Lotus Cars USA refresh ‘Parts Bundle Offers’ with new deals
Spread the word as these bundle offers are time sensitive. Wouldn't want anyone missing out. Elise and Exige owners... time to maintenance up! Evora owners... What better defines the "real deal" than carbon fiber? Contact your Lotus dealer before it's too late!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hah, decisions decisions... a Ti exhaust was also on the list, so torn between the two at the moment.

·
Illegal Alien
4,897 Posts
Hah, decisions decisions... a Ti exhaust was also on the list, so torn between the two at the moment.
Having both (they are standard on my 410) I will say that the hatch is cheaper and saves more weight. Ti Muffler saves 22 lbs, reduces polar moment of inertia and sounds sweet, hatch saves 26 lbs, lowers vcg and looks sweet.

Alternative: replace CF hatch saving 26# + add Larani sport muffler saving about 12# + delete 3rd Cat saving about 4# and adding to exhaust tone and replace battery with Li unit saving about 23# .. total saved 65 lbs, with improved looks, lower vcg, tightened polar moment of inertia all for less money than 1 Ti Muffler.

My only issue with having etc Ti muffler (it is only the muffler that is Ti, not the mid pipes) is that when i moved over to a header system which are all designed around the older 2 1/2" collector piping not the 4xx 3" It took expense to customize a transition mid pipe just to save the muffler. If I didn't have the Ti muffler I would have just used a Larry old style which would have saved about 12 # from stock rather than the 20 #.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts