The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: ONLY RED, YELLOW AND BLUE ARE AVAILABLE

Folks:

I just finished up a group buy on these, and I've had requests for more, so here goes. They're OFFICIAL LOTUS OF JAPAN phone straps -- NOT knockoffs! They're really cute. The Lotus on the strap is SMALL, but it's metal (I think), and nicely made.

In Japan, phone straps with little baubles like this are really popular. I doubt these are sold anywhere else but Japan. Of course, they can be used for all kinds of other things, like cameras, pagers, etc.

My friend in Japan has been kind enough to offer to get these from the seller (as he did with the first batch), and forward them to me. I'll then mail them to the individual buyers (you!).

My friend has already contacted the seller, who said he can supply as many as I need.

As with the first batch, I'm selling them at my cost -- no profit. Just my way of giving back a little, since I get so much valuable info from this group. They'll be about $15 each, plus shipping to you from my home in Virginia (less than $2 in the US, including the padded envelope).

People who've received the ones in the first batch have been happy with them.

I won't be asking for payment until I have them, but PLEASE don't say you want one unless you're sure. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of these! Could take 4-6 weeks to get them. To order, just POST HERE, stating what color and how many you want. NOTE: ONLY RED, YELLOW AND BLUE ARE AVAILABLE!
I'll be closing the offer probably on Tuesday (after the holiday weekend).

I doubt I'll be doing this again, so if you want one, please don't miss this opportunity!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
If you could put me down for 2 more yellows that would be great....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Two for me, please.

One yellow, one blue. The spousal unit does not see the Elise's appeal yet. If she doesn't come around by ordering time, these will be the only Official Lotus Products I'll ever own. That would be unfortunate. :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: Two for me, please.

kbob said:
One yellow, one blue. The spousal unit does not see the Elise's appeal yet. If she doesn't come around by ordering time, these will be the only Official Lotus Products I'll ever own. That would be unfortunate. :(
You need a 1:18 scale model and a convincing presentation.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
1 red and 1 blue, please

just to be different

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a reminder -- I'll be closing this group buy in the next day or 2.

BTW: As noted, these are official Lotus of Japan phone straps, not some knock-off. On the back of the package (not shown) is the Lotus logo and info.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Folks: Group buy is now closed. Looks like Yellow was the overwhelming fave!

I'll place the order, and hopefully have these in a few weeks. Will keep you informed.

Neil

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update: I just heard from my friend in Japan that he's ordered the straps from the seller, and expects to get them next week. He'll then ship them to me by Express Mail, so I should have them in-hand in about 2 weeks (fingers crossed!).

Unfortunately, this whole thing was delayed 10 days cause I sent the order to my friend, then, 10 days later, discovered he never got my email. :( But all seems to be on-track now.

I'll let you all know when I get them.

Neil

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
DOOMED

:)

J/K Thanks for doing this.

·
Registered
94 Posts
An extra yellow please if you have one

Please send me a message if someone drops out. I could do one or two yellows if you end up with extra ones.

Thank you,

jjb

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, after WEEKS of hounding, my friend in Japan says he sent the phone straps today, by Express Mail, so I should have them in a few days. Sorry for the delay. I'll start contacting people when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The straps are here (finally!). I haven't counted them yet to be sure I got what I ordered, but I'll assume I did.

I'll be sending out payment info in the next few days (once I figure out all the costs).

Neil

1 - 20 of 29 Posts