1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I like it!

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Love the black on black on black.....looks really good! You should consider a black powder coated diffuser and fuel door.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks great!
Did you paint the wheels yourself? If so, did you follow any instructions I can get somewhere? THANKS!! OLD FELLA

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I was considering the same. They make a "wheel kit" that includes primer, black, and clear for gloss, but I'm curious about the durability. Keep us posted!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
How hard is it to remove the PlastiDip from wheels? It might be fun to switch my silver LSS wheels to a darker gunmetal color...

How do you mask the wheels? Curved surface masking is kind of a b!tc#.

·
Registered
2011 Evora, Persian Blue, 6-speed
551 Posts
How do you mask the wheels? Curved surface masking is kind of a b!tc#.
Use a deck of cards or flashcards and lay them between wheel lip ("rim") and rubber. Done.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Use a deck of cards or flashcards and lay them between wheel lip ("rim") and rubber. Done.
Brilliant!

Now, how hard is it to remove the dip, especially from between the spokes of LSS wheels?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brilliant!

Now, how hard is it to remove the dip, especially from between the spokes of LSS wheels?
It is not hard at all to remove, I messed one wheel up (got a couple of drips) and was able to peel right off. Good tip on the use of the cards but you can spray the tire and peel the stuff off. Also use a large trash bag behind the rim to protect hub and brake parts. You don't need to remove the wheel. As far as durability, I feel it will last, more importantly, it gives a layer of protection to the wheel. Also- touch up is quite easy if chips, just spray chipped area!

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I think I'm sold - I'll be buying some once we get a bit warmer here in MI. I'm guessing that stuff is like spray paint and doesn't spray well when cold?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Ordered my Gloss black plastidip a week ago... Should be here tomorrow. How hard was it to apply and how long to feel comfortable with it? How long did it take?

I've never done anything like this so it'll be new for be but I'm sure I'll have a blast doing it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts