The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just shot these today. I have a sweet new camera on the way (Fujifilm S7000) so these will most likely be my last shots with this POS. These are by far the best shots i have so far though. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
why didnt you powdercoat your stock rims?
what did you do with them?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I like the black wheels, but I think I like Stan's solution better. Still, the Kodiaks really give the car a different look.

****-thanks for bringing back Anjolina.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rucnok said:
why didnt you powdercoat your stock rims?
what did you do with them?
stock rims are pending sale right now.

These wheels are about the same weight as the Sport Pack wheels but should be considerably stronger. Also, because of the 3-piece design, if you damage a lip or eventually want to go wider you can simply buy new outers. The car is used at least 60% on the track so the stock wheels were of no use to me.

These wheels were not bought for cosmetic purposes although i do think they look much better than the SSR's. The best looking option would be the sport pack wheels painted black but i am happier with a 3-piece wheel.

Stan i'll try to take a closeup shot for you. Is there anything specifically you would like to see?

-Steve

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Stan i'll try to take a closeup shot for you. Is there anything specifically you would like to see? <<<

Thanks....a view up close but not from straight on would be appreciated. That way the lip/center/bolt detail can be seen...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nice looking wheels, about the same weight as the LSS wheels? Who sells these and are they available in silver? I like these!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jim,
Shinoo sells them at sector 111

BTW> I talked with the powdercoat people you gave me the number to. You take the wheels with the tires off, they strip them and powder coat for $80 a wheel.

They use an oven to set the coating at around 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

I'm thinking I'll get them to do it. turnaround time is two three days.

Jim, or anyone in the Atlanta area, what wheel shop has experience with mounting tires on powder coat wheels. I'm thinking Grand Turismo East, anyone else?
Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>They use an oven to set the coating at around 400 degrees for 20 minutes. <<<

If they can do it via heat lamp that might be best as there would be no potential effect on any heat treat processing the wheel may have received.

·
Registered
153 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Jim, or anyone in the Atlanta area, what wheel shop has experience with mounting tires on powder coat wheels. I'm thinking Grand Turismo East, anyone else?
Chris
just got to america's tire co., i think it is called discount tires also. they've always mounted my wheels from 3-piece kinesis wheels, ssr's, rota's, panasport or whatever else wheels i've had them mount. they've always mounted them with out a scratch, and i go to different locations following this guy that hook's it up. and all the equipment is the same i assume since it's a franchise. just ask the guy to please be careful and not scratch them, you could even tip $10-20 before he does it so he'll really take care of you. good luck.

scott

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
what's the size of the rear wheel? they look pretty narrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts