The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I needed a steering rack replaced and a few others odds and ends fixed on the Elise so I turned to ACE Performance in Tewksbury, MA. I've known these guys for a few years now and they always did work on my BMW's so I figured why the hell not let them work on the Lotus as well. Their rates are good, mechanics are top notch and their work stands for itself. If any of you guys need work done on your Lotus or other performance cars in the stable I highly recommend going to these guys.

Just mention Corey sent you and you'll be taken care of.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
I sent an email asking about a brake fluid change and they didn't seem too familiar with the need to change the clutch fluid and cycle the ABS when doing the service. I replied expressing my concern about wanting to make sure the car was serviced by someone who understood what to look out for with an Elise.

Tom was very professional and realizes there may be a learning curve for certain service items. You can speak directly with the tech if you have any concerns about work being performed. Hand them a checklist and it _will_ get done. He said more and sounded very flexible and "trainable."

They have a Corghi Artiglio 50 for tire changes and they can be found online at

Advanced Concepts Engineering - Home Page

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine will be at KGA Motorsports in Reading tomorrow for routine servicing. They can also be recommended.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
I emailed David at KGA and he didn't seem to be on top of the Elise requirements either. FWIW, he did later admit that he responded too quickly and went into more detail about how he would do it.

I truly hope these shops come up to speed with the cars but without help from owners that may never happen. A shop could go on servicing cars improperly until either an incident occurs or a system fails. I won't recommend a shop until I know they know what they're doing with the Elise.

Maybe I'm overly critical but a service as common and as important as a brake fluid flush should be done correctly. If your tech can't explain how to do it correctly, do you really want to have that tech service your car?

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
The brakes are ridiculously easy to change in the front and better than most in the back. I can't see having someone do it. I can change them faster than I could drive to most shops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts