The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked but didn't see it mentioned -

When I had my clear bra redone (Lotus did a terrible job with the starshield so I had the entire front recovered with ventureshield so there are no seams on the fenders) I also had the shop cover the upper portions of the inner door panels (the painted part inside the car where the lock and door pull are located) where people are likely to scratch the paint with watches, buttons, or rings. You'd never notice and now it's protected. Just thought I'd share.

Matt

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Post of the day!

Good thinkin'

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
One more spot
I found the paint was showing a vary small amount of wear from the soft top rubbing it(on the panel that covers the roll bar) so I put a 1 ½ inch wide strip of 3M across the top of the car. Stars in the groove the soft tops cable runs in, about 1/2 of it in the groove and the other 1/2 of it on top. Goes on EZ.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I sell the full coverage front end kits. Next week I'll be doing a group buy on a new piece that goes on the panel behind the front tire that had the mud flap and turn signal on it.
Chuforia graffix

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
the door itself needs to be covered where it's closest to the side intake. I've got rock scratches there.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The part I'm talking about is the painted part above the leather panel. They covered the whole area up to the round "sticker" that covers the hole for the mirror.

BTW this is not my door - it's just easier to see when the door isn't black.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm going to have the flat area above the exterior door lock and the area around the boot lid (where a wing would be if the car had one) done.

Leaning into the engine compartment and boot has caused a lot of scratches.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
access panels and front of hardtop, too.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I would like to know the new place too so next time I bring a girl home, I know where to put her clear bra...

lol, can't resist that, sorry!!! :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
INTO,

what was the cost for all of that?
Chris,

I had the entire front up to the windshield, access panels, rockers, and inner doors done with venture shield and a flat black oval on the rear and I remember it being about $1300 out the door.

Matt

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Chris,

I had the entire front up to the windshield, access panels, rockers, and inner doors done with venture shield and a flat black oval on the rear and I remember it being about $1300 out the door.

Matt
Ouch.

Chuforia graffix

ChuforiaGraffix.com price- $594.

Black ovals (for Exige- never finished up the Elise one as I spent all the time on the Exige one and never did get any orders)- $40.

Actually the price isn't that crazy. Just wanted to shamelessly self promote. Never been a fan of Venture either although they have improved their product a little now from the first time I tested samples of it. It would take a few hours to install the whole kit, although the Venture, armorfend, etc kits should be cheaper as the material costs less. The rockers take about 10 mins per side for a professional. So figure on the home install at 45 mins per side. (not including removing the old stuff- especially if the last guy used one of the lower end brands)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts