The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you planning keeping your Elise for the short term (1-3 years), or for the longer term (4-8 years plus)???

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
1-3 years. Once I finish grad school, I'll probably sell everything and move somewhere with more car options :)
I envy you your mobility. I thought about moving to Aus when I was there last year, but unfortunately they don't recognize our training and I'm not about to live through another round of internship/residency.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
babak said:
I envy you your mobility. I thought about moving to Aus when I was there last year, but unfortunately they don't recognize our training and I'm not about to live through another round of internship/residency.
One of the many perks of being a scientist! Even better that I am at an internationally renowned institution...I can pretty much go anywhere from here. I'm strongly considering going back to England for a few years.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Because I believe this wil be a two year and out car, and the replacement will be a different car altogether, I intend to keep mine for a very, very long time (15 years to death). I will rebuild as necessary.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm a short termer - about 3 to 4 years. So, leasing is preferable to me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
One of the many perks of being a scientist! Even better that I am at an internationally renowned institution...I can pretty much go anywhere from here. I'm strongly considering going back to England for a few years.
Being a good scientist does seem to provide a fun life. I'm at UT Southwestern, known for the research and many Nobel prize recipients. If I remember correctly, one of them visited our school long ago and was mugged here :D. My profs weren't any of them but they work with some of them, and they always show me beautiful pics of where they've been to. (e.g. Russia and encounters with the KGB, Japan, Okinawa, Switzerland, etc) They have very interesting lives and I'm sure you do too. I think of the great scientists as celebrities, but without the paparazzis.

back on topic: Sell us your well-loved cars. I haven't gotten on the list yet. If not soon then maybe I'll just wait for a used one.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Only trouble is that in Oz, any cars cost a fortune and in the Uk, well can you say camera....
Last time I was home in London, I was shocked at the liberal distribution of monitoring equipment.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I think I'll pick another one up in a couple of years if they fall cheap enough, hopefully with low miles because I'm putting a ton on mine. I may need a parts car someday, so having two....

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Considering that I've owned my Elan since '76, I expect to keep my Elise for a long time. :D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
For awhile my average was about 6 or 7 months. I'm doing a bit better right now (poverty helps). I do intend to hold onto the Elise forever though...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
I plan on being buried in my Elise.
My wife keeps saying that I'll be buried in my Elan. I keep reminding her that it would be a waste of the car. I definitely want it passed on to someone that will appreciate my cars after I die.

My son and daughter are arguing over which one gets the Elan and which gets the Elise. I plan on letting them argue for many, many years...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts