The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Pic 3 does'nt look too bad. These 4 door Carrera pics keep popping up every couple of years and they were laughable until Porsche released the Cayenne. Now it should'nt surprise anyone.

btw- pic 1 looks kinda like an A6- hmmm.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
damn, that looks retarded. UGLY, UGLY, UGLY.

porsche, recently, has had some pretty crappy designs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Having been through a few older porsches, I can say that I will not be buying any of the new ones -- except maybe the GT3 if the used prices are reasonable in 3-5 yrs

May well revisit 993 or earlier, though

They are not headed in a direction that appeals to me, though I am sure they are doing the right thing to make $. They are more and more like BMW. Not that that's a 'bad' thing per se, but they're more about image than performance

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
yeah and i'm getting tired of seeing the same damn 911 profile in all the cars over decades & decades.

I think they need to completely redesign the car but keep some shapes to preserve the look. I mean, there's only so much you can do with a design over 35 years. it was 993 lights, then 996 one piece, now going back to circles for 997, then what of the 998? go back to one piece again?? :confused:

people were crying over the Esprit design, well what of the 911? the Esprit was 25 years, 911 was way longer. Why not cry over Porsche's aging design?

993 is where 911s stop, IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts