The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Parts Finder
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put together my new iDeal portable lift. Can tell already it is the perfect lift for the Lotus. Arm profile is low enough to slide right under car (car is lowered for track use) no pre lifting needed. With a 6000lbs lift capacity I will be able to use on my other car as well (Stelvio Quadrifoglio馃檪). Will play with positioning of arm a little more and then mark off arms for easy use each time.

Registered
Thanks you for sharing you experience. Those one column lift are probably one of the best solution for a light car like the elige. I would be less confident with 6000 lbs on it, but I may be wrong.

Holy ****, put it down! That's wrong jacking point!!
But I must agree... you supposed to remove the undertray/diffusor panel before!

Administrator
Defiantly not on the jack points correctly!

Reactions: TJBNJ

Registered
....things I would never work under...

Registered
Duuude did you not see that your rear jack points were crushing your undertray upward?? There is literally nothing above that point it鈥檚 just covering the engine. On the other side you have it on the the wishbone????

Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
馃槵

Registered
Cool concept for a lift but I hope the damage is minimal from it being lifted from those points. Ouch....

Seems like a limited use lift though. If you need to work on a front engine car and need to drop the exhaust or the transmission or driveshaft this wouldn't work.

Parts Finder
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks you for sharing you experience. Those one column lift are probably one of the best solution for a light car like the elige. I would be less confident with 6000 lbs on it, but I may be wrong.

But I must agree... you supposed to remove the undertray/diffusor panel before!
Pad on drive side is on bolt that goes into lower control arm mount, right side arm is not touching anything, there is a very thin board on right outer rail that is a solid area. I realize proper lifting it to remove tray but that is a pain in the a** I will use a tripod to lower back of car onto if servicing something that needs tray removed. Remove tray, reposition arms and lift again.

Parts Finder
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Duuude did you not see that your rear jack points were crushing your undertray upward?? There is literally nothing above that point it鈥檚 just covering the engine. On the other side you have it on the the wishbone????
Right side not touching and tray is not being touched. There is a bolt head there that is keeping distance. Rear tray damage is from crash car had before I owned lol

Parts Finder
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny everyone is worried about lift points, strip one of these cars to the bare chassis like I did and you will know the areas that are strong and those that a weak. Rear tray damage is not from lifting it is from a prior crash before I owned the car

Premium Member
2007 Elise
How compact does the lift fold up for storage? This could be killer for those of us with limited roof space and non strengthened concrete

Registered
Funny everyone is worried about lift points, strip one of these cars to the bare chassis like I did and you will know the areas that are strong and those that a weak. Rear tray damage is not from lifting it is from a prior crash before I owned the car
good luck convincing anyone here that you are lifting the car safely.... stripping your car to the chassis? So what you took the clams off? Many of us are experts on this car and I don鈥檛 use the jack points either, but I wouldn鈥檛 do whatever you are doing.

Premium Member
@Rsv4 dude You are getting a little abusive since you do not know his experience or history. One of his jacking points is a valid jacking point and is used by a device known as the Niffty Lifty. Also, lifting on a suspension arm is not a problem considering that it holds the car off the ground in normal use. The only thing that I would have done different was to put a metal plate on the rubber pad so the bolt did not sink into the pad. Also, if you checked his previous threads, you would see that he built his car from the ground up, not just clam removal.
Later,
Eldon

Registered
@Rsv4 dude You are getting a little abusive since you do not know his experience or history. One of his jacking points is a valid jacking point and is used by a device known as the Niffty Lifty. Also, lifting on a suspension arm is not a problem considering that it holds the car off the ground in normal use. The only thing that I would have done different was to put a metal plate on the rubber pad so the bolt did not sink into the pad. Also, if you checked his previous threads, you would see that he built his car from the ground up, not just clam removal.
Later,
Eldon
fair enough, looking at his previous post he drove the car 80mph with this frame damage so he would be the last person concerned about safety LOL!

Registered
Looks like a neat product, but it seems like it should have outriggers parallel to the car to prevent it from tipping. It looks like a kid could just nudge it over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts