The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Success! What a pain. It took some persuasion to get the air box to come out. I had full function of the far prior but I would say it was only a matter of time before it went sideways.

and this is in a car with less than 39k on the odometer and the drain holes were in the pan.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
167 Posts
Will do. It may be a day or two but I will post.
Don’t know about Race fab stuff but have Elise parts(Pillbeam) weights.
Stock rear lower control arm with toe link is 10#9oz
Elise part is7#10oz Big additional savings as you no longer need a toe link brace since the toe link mounts to the arm.The mounting point is very close to the subframe and in double sheer so it’s very strong.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,504 Posts
Great thread, brings back lots of good and not so good memories of my Exige project (see signature)! Have fun!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
You convinced me to try the Tesa Tape. I just received both the standard Wire Loom and High Heat versions from Amazon. The high Heat looks like the one I'll end up using for actual wire looms both front & rear. The standard is soft & thin enough that I may try it for various cabin squeaks... Did you need more than one roll for the front loom as shown above?

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Did the car get painted between post 1 and 18?

·
Registered
843 Posts
^ No, the Mag Blue is mine...

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey did you ever get around weighing those Racefab wishbones vs. stock? Just wondering :cool:
Sorry, no. I have been traveling pretty solid lately and haven’t had much garage time. I hope to have time over the holidays.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You convinced me to try the Tesa Tape. I just received both the standard Wire Loom and High Heat versions from Amazon. The high Heat looks like the one I'll end up using for actual wire looms both front & rear. The standard is soft & thin enough that I may try it for various cabin squeaks... Did you need more than one roll for the front loom as shown above?

I ended up buying multiple rolls for this and other projects, I have used close to 2.5 rolls on my car so far.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you're at all considering SS Brake Lines, access to the RF Inboard fitting is MUCH easier to access with the AC lines removed.

I finally got mine pieced back together and ran a Vacuum on the AC system yesterday for two hours. I'm holding the same negative pressures on both high & low 24hrs later. Much remaining to get mine road ready but another item checked off!

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If you're at all considering SS Brake Lines, access to the RF Inboard fitting is MUCH easier to access with the AC lines removed.

I finally got mine pieced back together and ran a Vacuum on the AC system yesterday for two hours. I'm holding the same negative pressures on both high & low 24hrs later. Much remaining to get mine road ready but another item checked off!
Fortunately SS lines was one of the upgrades from the PO and they are in great shape. Where did you source the o-rings for the a/c lines?

·
Registered
843 Posts
^ The new Drier came with two that did not leak from Napa. Also, I had to replace one of the lines and it came with two that did not leak from Lotus. The others I got from my local mechanic, he's primarily a Porsche guy but he had a plethora of sizes to choose from and they also did not leak. All correct o-ring sizes are listed in the SNs. Let me know if you need the sizes.

Side note: My mechanic did not charge me for the o-rings. I saw him admiring my pocket size caliper while I was there. I went straight to Home Depot and got him one just like mine. He was very appreciative but not as much as me that he had the sizes I needed!

2783-hero.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I replaced my AC lines over the summer, I picked up one of these assorted kits. It had everything I needed for $9.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Back in the garage today. The weights of the new wishbones:
Front Upper - 1lb. 15.3 oz.
Front Lower - 3 lbs. 13.0 oz.
Rear Upper - 2 lbs. 1.4 oz.
Rear Lower - 5 lbs. 1 oz.

All weights are without bushings or ball joints.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
New radiator arrived, next is a new condenser and fans to complete the cooling update.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
Back in the garage today. The weights of the new wishbones:
Front Upper - 1lb. 15.3 oz.
Front Lower - 3 lbs. 13.0 oz.
Rear Upper - 2 lbs. 1.4 oz.
Rear Lower - 5 lbs. 1 oz.

All weights are without bushings or ball joints.
OMG thank you SO MUCH!! (y) 🥃

Now I have to find stock wishbone weights :p

21 - 40 of 42 Posts