The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 21 year old male who is working full time and going to school full time. I have about $8000 in savings and I'm putting away $1500 a month towards my future Elise.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, it sounds good!!!

But if i can just give you my point of view : i don't know the experience you have in car driving, but regarding to that, buying an Elise for young drivers doesn't sound as such a good idea.

And it will depend also on the car. The Elise i just sold didn't have any traction control or Electronic Stability Control ( and i'm not sure any has the ESC... ), and on very wet roads, it was sometime like a rodeo on some roundabout or small curves...

So it's not a difficult car to drive, but in case of massive over steering a minimum experience is required...

That's only my opinion!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Does Autoguide have a 'WTF Machine' that pumps these threads out every two weeks?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
SwingLo,
It will be available as an Android app soon. It will scan your Android device for factors like %age%,%name%,%location% and autocompose the following posting:

Hello my name is %name%, and I have been considering purchasing an %onRandom: (Elise,Exige). I have about %onRandom: (%amount) to spend. I am %age% years old and am a %onRandom: (Working stiff, College student,Lotus fan,performance car fan). I currently live in %location%. Could you tell me more about the car, where to buy, what cost to insure, driving experiences, tickets, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
What is exactly the meaning of the word prospective? I remember my dad telling me after drinking a bottle of Tequila he was buying the statue of Liberty... Kid, I've been a lambo Murcielago SV prospective buyer for close to 52 years now......I'm about to give up!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
the insurance will add up to more then the vehicle in no time, 21 ? I remember I wanted an mr2 so bad when I was 21... $800 a MO with no collision. I have to hold off for a few years and still it was high but an Elise? You got be loaded kid.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Sadly none of the younger drivers ever ask the real question which is on their minds:
Will it help me pick up *HOT* chicks... yes,, oh yes it will. (It may not help you find keepers, but you will have fun figuring out the difference)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Sadly none of the younger drivers ever ask the real question which is on their minds:
Will it help me pick up *HOT* chicks... yes,, oh yes it will. (It may not help you find keepers, but you will have fun figuring out the difference)
LMFAO! Exquisite! rotfl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts