The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Check to see if your car had its oil line fittings replaced as per the Lotus recall.

If your Lotus tech is really getting in there you should consider replacing the thermostat. It's hard to reach and a PITA to do on your own.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I will be doing just about all of the work myself. As far as replacing the thermostat, I drove the car a bit this past weekend with temps in the 40-50 range. The car never went above 186F, does that sound about right?
That sounds about normal for temp. I only mention the thermostat because I'd expect it to be near the end of its reliable life if it hasn't already been replaced, and if you're changing coolant and digging around in there you might want to tackle it. (I decided to farm mine out to a Lotus tech when it went bad at about 24K. I combined it with some other work because it really is a PITA.)

I didn't hear about your oil line recall status, but all 2005s are affected and that one is covered by Lotus as free. Loosing the oil line is of course a potential disaster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts