The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EliseUSA.com recently started selling replacement radiator mesh grills to replace the OE plastic. Not exactly cheap, but really happy with the quality plus they powder-coated for no extra charge. You can install both sides in about 10 minutes with a 3mm allen...no cutting or hacking anything. These are a great match with my boot grills, and Jim tells me their working on the side scoops soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Great look I want some!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dave,
Those look great! :clap:

Looks they'll match my rear mesh install.

I guess I'll see them on Sunday. ;)

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
EliseUSA.com recently started selling replacement radiator mesh grills to replace the OE plastic. Not exactly cheap, but really happy with the quality plus they powder-coated for no extra charge. You can install both sides in about 10 minutes with a 3mm allen...no cutting or hacking anything. These are a great match with my boot grills, and Jim tells me their working on the side scoops soon.
Coincidentally, just received and installed mine today.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
very nice!!!...did you replace the front grill with mesh as well? ...pics?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Front mesh are the next project. Gameson, they have mesh for everything except the side dams, which he's working on soon.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Front mesh are the next project. Gameson, they have mesh for everything except the side dams, which he's working on soon.
I've got the fronts and the radiator mesh on my car, am going to tackle the deck lid pieces today.

If you like the scoop look of the Exige, installing those scoops on the Elise will provide mesh for the sides, albeit smaller.

Looks great, Dave!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Tried their site and it crashed my computer....twice.... anyone else have that problem ?? anyway...cost ??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dave,
Saw your car yesterday and it looked great.

I plan to order the front mesh and it seems straigth forward to install it.

How about the mesh for the engine lid? Are they "bolt-on" or how did you attach them?

Mats

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Dave,
Saw your car yesterday and it looked great.

I plan to order the front mesh and it seems straigth forward to install it.

How about the mesh for the engine lid? Are they "bolt-on" or how did you attach them?

Mats
No, you've got to figure out how to mount them yourself. They suggest using double sided tape.

The trick is getting the old grills out, they are double sided taped in there pretty good.

·
Registered
334 Posts
They look fantastic and are a huge improvement in my opinion over stock, but wow they are expensive for what they are.

Gotta pay to play. :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
They look great, no doubt.

but...

Wow that sounds expensive for a self install grill replacement. Didn't someone here detail a do-it-your-self fix similar to this and revealed that you can get the same material lotus uses pretty cheap off the shelf?

Pretty sure if I was to do this I'd find a way to diy just for the fun of it. Now all I need to do is hunt down that post and find out the material. =)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts