The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....so they aer 3x what they were last year with the new budget right?

I THINK I paid over $600 to register my car last year, but I may have been late? This time it's gonna be $1800 if my assmath is correct.

Anyone have any info?

Starting to be real annoyed with this country, and this state.

·
Registered
171 Posts
lol, try bringing a $30k corvette z06 to Norway.. will run you a $60k bill to get it registered.

now shut it! ;p

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
What are registration fees? In NC I pay $58 for an annual license plate sticker, and $30 for annual inspection. County tax is about $300.
There is a sales tax when you buy a car, but that's it.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
What are registration fees? In NC I pay $58 for an annual license plate sticker, and $30 for annual inspection. County tax is about $300.
There is a sales tax when you buy a car, but that's it.
Actually, what we're discussing isn't really a registration fee, but is paid at the time you register or renew your registration, so gets tagged with that term. The actual registration fee is less than $20, IIRC. What is being discussed is a property tax on the car. It is assessed at a percentage of the market value of the car at the time of registration or renewal.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
....so they aer 3x what they were last year with the new budget right?

I THINK I paid over $600 to register my car last year, but I may have been late? This time it's gonna be $1800 if my assmath is correct.

Anyone have any info?

Starting to be real annoyed with this country, and this state.
What state?

If California, then you will not see a tripling, but a near doubling.

I have 3 cars that all run around $500 each to register. I'm fearing my registrations next year will be around $850 each. :eek:

Maybe I need to move out of California.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts