The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple years ago I installed a new Pioneer head unit in my 2011 Evora. the radio was AVH-P8400BH - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, and Advance App Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer Electronics USA
Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. Standard DVD receiver with "advance app mode' exactly like the AppRadio.
Originally I used it with the iPhone 4s, but never had a good place to mount the phone. I did not want to do anything permanent or drill holes in my interior.
After upgrading my phone to the iPhone 5s was going to have to pull the radio to install a new cable for the Pioneer unit and decided to seriously look for a good mount for the phone.
This is what I came up with
Amazon.com: BESTEK Cell Phone Clip Holder Stand with Sitck-on Mount + Gooseneck One Clip Clamp mount on car,desk,windshield,dashboard,table for iphone 5,4s,3gs,ipod,gps,PDA,samsung galaxy,HTC, nokia,lg,blackberry holder ect. BTIH750: Cell Phones & Ac
Bought on Amazon it just clips to the center "transition tunnel" ( I know we do not have a tunnel, but a sort of separator) behind the radio in the center stack

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Trunk Technology

Vehicle Car Center console Gear shift Steering wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio

Just a spring clip that is easy to remove without tools. hold the phone nice and stable within easy reach

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some screen shots of the "Dash Command" app I use the links with my Bluetooth OBDII reader

Electronics Vehicle audio Technology Electronic device Multimedia

Electronics Automotive navigation system Technology Multimedia Electronic device

Electronics Technology Multimedia Electronic device Auto part

Vehicle Car Center console Steering wheel Gauge

Screen Electronics Automotive navigation system Gps navigation device Technology

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the mount hold the phone securely in hard cornering? Seems the long "arm" would flex.

Regardless, I ordered one. Looks like a great, cheap, easy solution.
The arm is surprisingly strong and ridged. I flexed it down to the floor board and then back up to give it just a bit more stability, but I have had no problems with it. Have not had any problems with phone bouncing around and bumping the center consul.
Like you said, its cheap enough so I rolled the dice. After a week and some spirited driving it is holding up very well. :up:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
BTW, I have the latest "AppRadio 3" from Pioneer bookmarked as my radio upgrade. Biggest thing will be finding a shop that will be qualified enough for both working on the Lotus and with my wallet.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, I have the latest "AppRadio 3" from Pioneer bookmarked as my radio upgrade. Biggest thing will be finding a shop that will be qualified enough for both working on the Lotus and with my wallet.
I know the App Radio 3 has some big improvements over the previous versions. The "App Mode" in my setup is a bit wonky, but works well enough. I may upgrade to one of the new NEX Pioneer systems.
Originally a shop did my install. My car came with the base radio setup so I needed headunit, speaker, amps, and subwoofer.
Now I pretty much do all the work myself. have had the headunit out multiple times to make changes.
so many things to spend money on for my car right now. I will just have to wait on a new headunit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.