The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get all new, all around, which didn't make me happy since new rotors and pads is $$$

Between stock, and the Sector111 rotors I decided to buy the setup from lotusbrakes.com. They were super nice and easy to deal with. I got 4 of these..

Product Details for DBA 5000 Two-Piece Slotted Rotors - Pair (52355SLR)

I guess they weigh less than stock, but not quite as light as the sector111. However they are cheaper than the sector brakes, so it all evens out. I wish I knew the exact weight of these v.s. all the rest. I believe I read somewhere they save 6lbs a corner...v.s. 10 or so for the sector111.

I did Pagid RS14 pads.......and boy oh BOY.

THIS SETUP ROCKS!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this car stops now. GRANTED, I went from dead brakes to brand spakin' new awesome, so take that into account.

But all that being said, I'm in brake love right now.

I'm gonna take it up to the canyons this Sunday to get a better feel.

But I just wanted to post alittle review

Lotusbrakes.com THUMBS UP
DBA 5000 Rotors THUMBS UP
Pagid rs14s THUMBS UP

·
Registered
403 Posts
how is the brake dust compared to stock??

·
Registered
476 Posts
And how squeaky are they?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only been driving on them for a bit.

The wheels were clean yesterday I'll post a brake dust report after sundays romp.

I was told that these pads were going to be a bit more noisy...so far I've heard a squeek exactly once. Other than that time....just normal "friction" noise.

BTW these rotors look great too. I need to do something cosmetic to the calipers to make them not stand out so much

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First let me do something I should have in my first post. GIve a little shout out to Stephan over at Mullholland Motors. As always, first rate dude and first rate service.

Second, i know about the noise now. If you like to drive at a leisurly pace, kind of riding teh brakes to a stop kinda whenever....lazy style..they squeak. BUT, if you drive like a man, hehe, no squeaking what'so'ever!

·
Registered
190 Posts
First let me do something I should have in my first post. GIve a little shout out to Stephan over at Mullholland Motors. As always, first rate dude and first rate service.

Second, i know about the noise now. If you like to drive at a leisurly pace, kind of riding teh brakes to a stop kinda whenever....lazy style..they squeak. BUT, if you drive like a man, hehe, no squeaking what'so'ever!
:D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I've been on the Pagid blacks for 10K of track miles. I have been very pleased. The dust is considerable, the sqeaking mild, but the braking is phenomenal. I'm going to buy my second set shortly. Oh and don't forget the Motul 600 and SS brake lines. These are cheap upgrades that make a huge performance difference.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I've been using Pagid blacks on the street + track. I totally agree with the statement above re squeak... if you slowly glide to a stop at a light they will squeak ... but not very bad. Brake hard, and they don't make any noise. Dust is much better than stock but there's still some. Cold or hot, the grip is great.

I stopped using the R4S porterfields cause when they were cold I wasn't getting much grip.

I noticed my Pagid Blacks came with a warning that they were not DOT approved / not for the street. Is that because of the noise? Or are they made of poison or something? Just wonderin.

-doma

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It may be a little more than OEM but not significant. I have 10K of miles with the blacks on my rotors and will just replace the pads. I think 15-20K is certainly possible.

I would like to know this too. I'm trying to decide between RS14's and RS 4-2's.

Can anyone comment on rotor wear for the RS14's? Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,437 Posts
The RS14s were OEM on my '08 S240, I LOVED them both at the track and on the street. Several have said they squeek, mine never did. I did break them in per procedure. I just finished them off and despite the price ordered more (not installed yet) as I did not want to risk getting pads I would not be happy with.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The black Pagids fadded / did some weird stuff on the track for me where the Hawk HT10s didn't and I don't even consider myself a "fast" driver:shrug: I think the pagid pads are a little on the expensive side too

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
My 14s are very dusty.
They squeak and squeal, but mostly under light braking.
They work good on the road, but the friction goes up with temperature (on their site I think), so on a track they are nicer still.

A lot people do not like them, I like mine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts