The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New S1 Subframe Issue

Bought a new subframe back in 2016 and just now getting around to wrapping up up rebuild on this S1 2013 chassis.
Went to install washer bottle and 2 rear mounts are 1" off . Measuring roughly its around 13 inches from front bottle mount to rear mount
On my subframe it is 14 inches to rear upper mount bolt hole which is part of side cooler bracket mount .
Interestingly, the hole with no Rivnut is exactly where i need a Rivnut to be.

Not sure why there is 2 sets of holes for same bracket unless it was meant for older 09-11 chassis. Subframe was updated in 2015
Pass side has same issue with side bracket mounted and bonded in set of holes 1" further back and 2 rivets are in holes where should be located
Something is definitely amiss here but can be repaired just annoying for cost of Subframe expect it to be manufactured correctly or set correct part.

Anyone who knows why they have 2 set of mount holes for side cooler bracket please chime in .

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,285 Posts
PN A132A0043F is correct for cars after VIN xxx BHx11174, change from A132A0043E was relocation of bumper bracket to position 2b. You seem to have the bracket in the earlier aft position??

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2a Requires Part Number: C132U4265F Lower pan support bracket but is Superseded by : E132U4265F which is for 2b update so looks like just have to modify. Subframe was obviously a in between old and new and i just got "lucky" getting 2a style .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts