The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodbye to my 2012 Elise S3 (220 hp super charged andcharge cooled)

Hello 1996 S1 with 160 bhp K series, MMC brakes and only 16000 miles/ one owner from new :)

·
Premium Member
11,986 Posts
I never sausage a thing.

Looks very good. Congrats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome! I love the S1s. They're the car I fell in love with on first sight.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^1,000,000. I saw my first one in '97. Swore i would buy one until it became apparent that none were coming stateside. Massive bummer. So I substituted...

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Only 7 more years before that MY can be legally imported to the states!

Eglise, that's a lot more BHP than the stock Rover puts out. Any details as to engine mods?

·
Less is Better
2,787 Posts
I love S1's. Much more subdued looking and 300 pounds lighter than our federal versions!

Please give us your impressions on the differences between your two cars.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I really want an S1 with the "other" K series (Honda K-swap)... lighter and better looking than the S2 IMO. Just seven more years (unless Congress changes something by then, which I wouldn't put past them)!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Previous owner had dealer supplied (Bell & Colvill) Minister (Uk tuning shop now defunct) 160 bhp ported head with Piper cams /verniers, K&N cold air feed air filter, Raceline exhaust and custom headers. Lotus went on to do an official 160 version, the Elise S160.

PO swapped the original Konis for S2 Bilsteins, a Lotus approved mod but Pirellis were still on the car (the original fronts date coded 1995!!) when I checked it out a couple of weeks ago - now changed for Advan Neovas.

Aside from a few stone chips the car is like new, history file contains bill of sale and MOTs/ service receipts spanning 18 years.

Build number is 215 so it's right at the start of Elise production and early features such as the 'boot bag' (trunk liner to you colonials :)), MMC -metal matrix composite - brake discs, charcoal grey leather seats and sill covers, aluminium engine cover, original Sony etc are all intact

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Thx for the mods info. That's a fair bit of grunt for this already light car. I just hope that stowable top actually keeps the rain out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts