The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of the new SC kit i've been helping with.

The dyno sheets show the power output, the one with the larger dip is froma quick tuning session on a dynojet, the other after hours on a dynopack. The final one will be smoother than either sheet.

Using SAE with 0 smoothing, i typically use 5 but it didn't need it, with the dynojet quick tune its on 5 which usually slightly decreases the power, but marginally anyway. These aren't the dyno's i normally work on so i'm going to be doing a comparison run on the one i usually use at some point.

Pulley size is 3.1"

Pricing is ballpark $6,200 for the complete kit, tune, everything all from one source.

Launch should be end of the month, will be available worldwide, and as many models as possible.

Around $5,200 less intercooler ( but still upgradeable to the intercooled version unlike the other kits )

Without the supercharger so that people can upgrade to an intercooled system utilising your current injectors and supercharger $2,800

I'll post more about the release of it when I have the information.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Will the intercooler be retrofit able onto an Exige S?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it would, but you'd need to change the manifold too, might be some other jiggery pokery too.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
what's it called?

-poke-

;)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Just so I understand correctly, this is an intercooled solution for the Elise?

·
Registered
740 Posts
^^^
That would be a yes.

Is that air intake, mounted to one of the intercooler pipes, also included in the kit?
That would be an extra, when compared to the BWR and S111 kit which don't include air intakes in their Stage I.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Please Keep Us Posted

Subscribed.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Charlie, you are indeed, "PIMP." :bow:

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
CW- Looks Good...

1) What are you injecting or planning to inject into the manifold? Looks like a fuel injector????

2) What is the efficiency of your system at speed? Moreover, will you be able to provide some logged data showing pre and post intercooler MAP and MAT along with ambient temps for comparison? If you already have that stuff, would you mind posting it along with the conditions it was collected?

3) what does it all weigh;):D

edit: 4) Since the IC is not perpendicular to the air stream, are you using fans to direct the air through it?

Emphasis on questions in part 2 and 4 if you're in a hurry:D

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Is CARB approval in the plans? I very much want CARB. Barring that, a simple way to revert to stock (including switching the ECU program) and then back to SC every two years for a smog test. Years ago you talked once about the possibility of keeping the stock program and tables in the ECU at the same time as the SC version, and having a method of switching between the two. I don't know if you pursued that thought or not. I would prefer not to have to buy a second ECU for smog checks.

I worry a bit about the air intake position. I have had trouble with my Fujita intake when it gets wet. The engine then behaves like a clogged air filter (which it is, just with water), and can cause the engine to throw a CEL and go into limp mode. However, the only way it has gotten that wet so far has been when I washed the car (I now cover the filter before washing). But the air filter position you show is much closer to the side vent than the Fujita intake, so I worry about it getting wet during heavy rain, passing trucks spraying up a lot of water, front wheels spraying water into the side vent, etc. The orientation of the filter seems to be such that it would block most of the water with the end cap, but have you considered adding a water shield? This isn't a ram air application, so I don't think a small shield will hurt the air flow significantly.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2006+ DBW is available too, you keep traction control too (if you had it before)

CARB, i've asked about but i doubt it'll happen for now, there just isn't enough demand to counter the CARB testing costs, switchable maps have been developed though so that is an option to consider.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CW- Looks Good...

1) What are you injecting or planning to inject into the manifold? Looks like a fuel injector????
Nope, nothing goes there.

2) What is the efficiency of your system at speed? Moreover, will you be able to provide some logged data showing pre and post intercooler MAP and MAT along with ambient temps for comparison? If you already have that stuff, would you mind posting it along with the conditions it was collected?
We datalogged it quite a lot but it all goes into custom data logging hardware that i did not pick up the files for, thats something i'm working on seperately, but it could be available. We had thermocouples all over the place and data logging the stock sensors too. I logged all the systems that were controlled via the ECU.

3) what does it all weigh;):D
no idea, but its light.

edit: 4) Since the IC is not perpendicular to the air stream, are you using fans to direct the air through it?
thats being tested this week, the air flow is directed by the cars scoops though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Whoops, didn't think about that: I have TC and LSD. Will LSD also be kept?

·
Registered
475 Posts
:drool:

I am glad that I have not yet pulled the trigger on the newly released '06 SC's. :nanner:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Very nice, Charlie. Is this going to be supplied through s111, or a new company all together?

1 - 20 of 317 Posts