113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a car for sale ('93 del sol) and got this email inquiry:

BUYER INFO
Name: canold craney
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Evening Phone: (345) 678-8654
Comments:
hello this is mr canold a car daler based in switzerland but now in gambia for a business proposal,i was contacted by a client of mine who says he saw your advert for sale and i will like to know the condition and exact amount for it.

I have no reason to reply, but it sure sounds like a scam in progress. anybody else seen this one yet?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd bet you a-hundred-to-one it's a scam.
Gambia? Yeah, that's going to go something like this.

"$45,000 for a '93 DelSol is quite fair. My client would like to buy the car immediately, sight unseen. I will send you a check for $50,000, since, uh.. there's some reason I can only write checks for too much money, and I would like you to Western Union the overage to me here in Gambia.."

String the guy along for a while if you want to do the world a favor.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Not that new. And becoming very common as soon as you put a car on eBay.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well since we all are in an Elise free zone (except for Chris) and we are twidling our thumbs waiting for the demos to arrrive (any minute!) its better than nothing!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is a link to the Elise threads...sell the delSol, apply $ to new Elise.

btw the area code is from the Cayman Islands. Call it and large phone expenses could accrue. its likely similar to other Bahamas/ Caribbean area phone scams.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Jay said:
there is a link to the Elise threads...sell the delSol, apply $ to new Elise.
With that logic, I could post that I'm selling pocket lint to help pay for my Elise. :huh:

Your post wasn't really about the del Sol anyway. It was about a possible scam. :rolleyes:

Just from your title alone, people will think there is a new scam about selling/buying the Elise, since it is posted in Rumors and News about the Elise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts