The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=28043

Competition Exiges destined for US.

My spies* tell me there are a number of LHD S2 Exiges at LSP at Hethel that have full cages, cut off switches, M-sport seats, extiguishers and have "SCCA Exige Cup audit" sheets on the Drivers seats stating the mods/changes to be made. The SCCA is the Sports Car Club of America who organise racing series that have traditionally been entered very successfully by small european sports cars. (obviously if its the Exige cup, one or two exiges might well be competitive ) Two were Chrome Orange and one was Storm Titanium (as the US seems to know it).

*Okay, no spies really, it was me having a nose about :p

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It's disappointing to us S1 owners to hear this - not because it isn't good, but because the SCCA wouldn't even talk to us for the last 6 years.

HSR was the only major series that created a class for the cars.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Randy,
When I was at the factory they had a number of German spec. Exiges there, man they were beautiful! Full cage, harneses, fire system, cut off swithes, the works. They were full race cars being made right in the factory. An interesting note, the only fiberglass pieces that Lotus still makes are the Exige panels, all of the Elise panels are supplied by a French subcontractor.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Nice rumor Randy, Though I can't see anything happening with the Exige until they are actually available for sale in the US. When that will happen my guess is as good as yours???

I do know that there is an all Elise series running in Australia now. Nick Adams just retured from down under after helping them with their suspension set up for that series.

best wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
413 Posts
SCCA sanctioning?

quote: "SCCA Exige Cup audit"

If the cars were indeed being prepped for SCCA approval/homologation that is great news for Lotus in the USA. Can anyone with SCCA experience comment on this? How many cars are needed to have a one-marque series? (Since Exige sales will be far less than Elise sales- an already low number.) Or would the Exiges be competing with other marques?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts