The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Interesting how the V6 is housed in a galvanized steel rear cradle whereas the i4 sits in an alloy rear cradle. In both cases the rear cradle also has bolted to it the wheels, brakes, coilovers/dampers/wishbone suspension, gearbox, and exhaust and is one of 3 structural partitions--the other 2 partitions being the front and mid cradles.

·
Registered
2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (Aspen White)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting how the V6 is housed in a galvanized steel rear cradle whereas the i4 sits in an alloy rear cradle. In both cases the rear cradle also has bolted to it the wheels, brakes, coilovers/dampers//wishbone suspension, gearbox, and exhaust and is one of 3 structural partitions--the other 2 partitions being the front and mid cradles.
I'm guessing that the V6 rear subframe has been largely carried over/adapted from the Evora or Exige, but a new one was (obviously!) needed for the i4........

Reactions: brightoncorgi

·
Registered
324 Posts
The great 2 hour documentary about developing the original Elise showed that they started with an aluminum subframe to hold the engine, but changed to galvanized steel for heat reasons. I've linked to this part of the documentary.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, as an official really-old and crotchety dude, after watching the Shmee video, I have to say that I really hate the dash display, which apparently has a choice of video game style 1, video game style 2, video game style 3, ad nauseum.

I won't be holding my breath, but here's hoping for a "classic" or "old fogey" mode, with round on-screen instruments.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had originally decided on the Touring suspension, but after watching the body roll in this video, I went back and watched the Harry's Garage video again, and I think I've changed my mind. I'm going to get the Sport suspension with the Goodyears. If nothing else, the Shmee video has at least provided that as something helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As much as I dislike any Shmee videos and the absolute poor questions asked during the interview portion I really appreciated some of the new details that I had not heard before. Chassis Torsional regidity figure and 55kg down force at 125mph are new info that I had not seen before.
Also not sure if anyone noticed this but in the Harry’s Garage video there is a quick image of the display showing a downforce performance meter. Here they blurred.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Going through the dash modes reminded me of what I did not like on our '19 Volvo XC60; too many modes/menus. I never had the Volvo half way configured as there was just too many menus and modes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts