The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working with a local Porsche dealership that has a sister Lotus dealership out of Nashville. They said my serpentine belt was a bit dry rotted and that I should look at replacing my plugs soon. I told them to go ahead and replace both of those items because they were checking compression for me and had to pull the plugs anyway (selling the Elise, getting her checked out).

The belt that came in ended up being way to long so they had one sent down from the Lotus dealership in Nashville and while they're charging me "wholesale" price for it instead of retail - the thing costs $189? Googling shows me $39 at places like Advanced Auto and searching deeper shows me like $29 at MonkeyWrench. Any ideas? Is it a "Lotus premium" price? Part number they gave me I believe was A120E64165

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Funny I bought one from the dealer and don't remember it being expensive, sure enough the Exige S belt is like 60 bucks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I may be a little late to the party, but I had my local Lotus Dealer do the serpentine belt a couple years ago. They didn't have the official Lotus part in stock, but they grabbed one from a local Toyota dealership for about $50-60.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts