The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Last time I spoke with them, they didn't seem to be in a big hurry to develop something.
I guess they are busy or short handed in the r and d department. There Honda shifter is really nice and quite reasonably priced. I think they would sell a ton of Lotus shifters.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That's a shame. I'm sure lots of people would jump on this. I think Lotus made a bad choice when they decided to source paper mache to make the shifters in the Eliges.

·
Registered
828 Posts
That's a shame. I'm sure lots of people would jump on this. I think Lotus made a bad choice when they decided to source paper mache to make the shifters in the Eliges.
So very true....

There are only a handful of epic fails in these cars, and that's the one you "feel" when you're driving the car.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
re: Lotus Shifter

I went bu the new K-tuned shop, yesterday...

They spent a lot of time moving and re-organizing.

The new facility is much bigger. I think and feel that the business is growing a lot. This takes limited resources... Everything is getting back to normal and so is the work on the shifter.

I saw a prototype of a Lotus shifter. It will not be a re-made K-tuned Honda part. It will seamlessly fit into the stock location. I make no promises, I just convey what I saw... and it was a prototype...

It is a Lotus-specific shifter and cables for both Toyota and Honda motors/trannys.

The quality is the usual great K-tuned work-of-art.

The Lotus market is much smaller than the Honda market. There are 20,000 Eliges in the US. I think Honda sells a million Civics a year...

So keep on calling about it!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Any new updates or developments on the K-tuned shifter? Aside from being 4(?) months out maybe

·
Registered
366 Posts
talked to k tune recently and this was their response

"We have done some drawings but we have a lot on the go so at this time it has been pushed to the side. We are hoping to get back to the project very soon once we finish up some exciting race parts."

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ummm... NO. No, I haven't seen that. And as far as I know I don't think anyone else here has either. And you know what, man? Fuk YOU for rubbing that in our faces. WHY ARE YOU TOYING WITH US THIS WAY?! You know we are starved for this shifter! WHY?

That said, it's amazing and we all want to know more.

21 - 40 of 245 Posts