The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 245 Posts

·
2006 Exige
700 Posts
Who is going to be the first one to post an installed picture with all the wiring and cables running through it exposed and nothing mating to front cowl. Yeah, it looks great just sitting there but I would still prefer something well engineered that fits under the standard cover.
This^. And I can't wait for the reviews to come in regarding shifting performance. I also like how the shifter is closer to the steering wheel, but I am concerned about having less legroom.

It is certainly a nice looking part.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Who is going to be the first one to post an installed picture with all the wiring and cables running through it exposed and nothing mating to front cowl. Yeah, it looks great just sitting there but I would still prefer something well engineered that fits under the standard cover.
:shrug: I think that actually looks pretty great. Seen a few Elige's without the center consoles in them, kinda adds to the raw, track-focused interior. May not be your thing, but some people love it.

I'm sure pictures of the shifter installed are forthcoming. You can hate on it even more after that! I'm sure the owners won't lose any sleep.

·
Elise Driver
777 Posts
What's so great about the OEM cover, it's just a cheap piece of grey plastic that doesn't even look nice in the car! This at the very least looks "the business." Either way, I will post my pictures by next week ?

·
Supporting Vendor
143 Posts
I put the shifter in sugaray's car. The install went well. I just need to put the seats back in and fine tune the cables. Great product as far as the install went, feels good so far. The pics he posted above were from us. I wont be able to drive it for a few days while I wait for the ECU to come back from some other work we are doing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Personally, I think the stock console looks great in the car provided it's covered in leather or alcantara. Which is to say, I think the design looks good, but the materials suck.

I don't necessarily think the Alitech Lotus Shifter looks "better", per se. It's just different. Certainly bad-ass, if you don't want to describe it as elegant. I think if the stock mechanism wasn't so flimsy there wouldn't be nearly as much interest in it. That in and of itself speaks volumes of the high level of function it embodies.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This looks epic, I will be curious about the driving experience for the enthusiast rather than track market.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,369 Posts
Looks great, just install a carbon fiber shift knob, it'll be the cherry on top ;-)
That would go with his color scheme, especially if the top of the shifter knob had the gear pattern indentation done in gold. The only downside is the lack of weight with a carbon shift knob.

San

·
Elise Driver
777 Posts
What erks me is that their build quality leaves a seam down the middle which is not very noticeable on the black carbon fiber but really sticks out like a sore thumb on the silver texalium! ??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Looks great, just install a carbon fiber shift knob, it'll be the cherry on top ;-)

The inside of my car has CF leather from the factory. I found some that is a perfect match. Having the door sills done in this and will have the shifter done as well.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1445795704.399950.jpg

141 - 160 of 245 Posts