The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 245 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
That looks great in the car :)

wasn't to sure on that color combo, but installed it looks great! :)

Now go drive it! :)

Looks great and feels great. The only change I would recommend is a extra post to bolt the mid section on the right. My seat only used the one on the right of these two holes, not sure if others are the same. Would not work if they are. May not make a difference, it feels really solid.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1445796426.562526.jpg

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Man, those look fantastic, especially the Black/Gold anodized one.
I wonder what the clearance would be like for those with aftermarket seats.
Some seats recommend taking the center console out or trimming the edges of the seat if it the driver has to seat closer to the steering wheel...

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,369 Posts
Man, those look fantastic, especially the Black/Gold anodized one.
I wonder what the clearance would be like for those with aftermarket seats.
Some seats recommend taking the center console out or trimming the edges of the seat if it the driver has to seat closer to the steering wheel...
I asked the same thing on the other forum and unless you have something out of the ordinary you'd have no issues.

San

·
Registered
438 Posts
I put the shifter in sugaray's car. The install went well. I just need to put the seats back in and fine tune the cables. Great product as far as the install went, feels good so far. The pics he posted above were from us. I wont be able to drive it for a few days while I wait for the ECU to come back from some other work we are doing.

Thanks,
How hard was it to install?
Do you think average not so mechanically inclined can DIY?
Shifter related, only switched std boxster shifter with porsche oem short shifter kit... :|

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
The inside of my car has CF leather from the factory. I found some that is a perfect match. Having the door sills done in this and will have the shifter done as well.

View attachment 618401
You killed it with that color combo :clap:

·
Elise Driver
777 Posts
The verdict...

This shifter totally transformed my car and brought it up to the next level! I'm not exaggerating when I say that the OEM shift mechanism is like playing billiards with a twig and then someone hands you a carbon fiber cue, and it's dead on accurate. When I had my VF supercharger installed it was required to upgrade the clutch because of the power, well this shifter should also be required since it controls all that power.
Lucky for me the best Lotus mechanic in America is only 3 hours away in Indianapolis (TJ :cool:@ Gatormotorsports) since it took some expertise to install and line up everything perfectly. Bottom line: it's a 10/10

Attachments

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Looks really clean Ray, when you going to put your car back together?
Hardest part of the install for me was not scratching it.

·
Elise Driver
777 Posts
Looks really clean Ray, when you going to put your car back together?
Hardest part of the install for me was not scratching it.
That's exactly why I haven't installed my carbon fiber/aluminum parts, I'm afraid to scratch them. I have to do a custom iPhone 6+ head unit and toggle switchboard, then I'll be done :huh:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Added a cf shifter knob. $18 on eBay. Looks really good. Can't believe it says momo on the box.
Figured if I didn't like it I would just throw it away, but is flawless.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1447804560.719993.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1447804593.003723.jpg

·
Elise Driver
777 Posts
Yes it looks good but it really needs some extra weight. Carbon looks better but the weight makes it shift better...

161 - 180 of 245 Posts