The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to needing new tires for my Final Edition Esprit and am having trouble finding matched sets of the stock sizes- front 235/40zr17, rear 285/35zr18. It seems I have to widen either the front or back tires. I could go with my preferred Michelin pilot super sports by widening the fronts to 245s. Has anyone tried that; any rubbing problems? The alternative is BF Goodrich g-force t/a kdw2 with a wider (295) rear which would be less problematic but a tread design I don't prefer. Any suggestion? Thanks

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have an old set of Yokos that have never been used. I will sell them cheap. Of course you have to pay shipping from New Jersey. They ARE the correct sizes.
David Teitelbaum

·
Cal H
982 Posts
going to 245 is less than .20" added to the inside and outside of the current tire. Or adding an overall .394" wider compared to the current tire. I don't think it would matter. Turn the steering lock to lock and measure the clearance with a tape from the edge of the tire. Should be a lot more than that. I have a 4cyl and can go 10mm over. I'm thinking you can too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
no experience in esprit land, however the bgf kdw's are super noisey once they get some wear however they do look cool. I've ran the nt-05s are they only lasted 2k miles on my blown c63 amg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard that about the g force plus with the negative camber on the rear wheels they would get pretty gnarly fast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2003.5 FE with michelin pilot super sports. Only a few hundred miles on them. Very good all around sport tire. Not as soft or sticky as the NT-01 or 05's.
They dont rub.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I installed a set of PS2's last year: 235f, 295r

Worked out well

·
Registered
136 Posts
the michelin super sports are a great all around tire - got 10k on the c63 out of them. My favorite all around tire is the toyo r888 but they only last 3-4k miles. they are super slick until warm, heard they dont warm up in the winter months but it never really goes below 30 in texas. the ps2's are really nice all around tires good choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts