The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know, I've been working on a short shifter for the elise/exige/211/celica.. Went through quite a few bumps, and here is the outcome. :evil:

It's still in the testing stages, but one of the biggest factors I'm making these is I dont like traditional short shifters where only the shifter is shorter.. I like having the height and not having to reach further down..

Here's a picture installed showing the difference between 3rd stock and 3rd with the short shifter installed..

PS: thanks to all those who have helped make this a reality..

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Looks good!
Do you have pics. of the actual modification...how you did it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
566 Posts
You know I'm in...good work once again!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Cant wait to see the final product, good work choi

·
Registered
476 Posts
This should be marked NSFW :)

And Subscribed

·
Registered
97 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
5 minutes to install?!?!?!
Hmmm...ok.
Subscribed.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
damn.. why did it take so long for someone to come up with one?! This would've been number 3 on my mod list ( multivex and the shifter tower stiffening are 1 & 2)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
so I'm curious - is this mod 'reversible' if for any reason we do not like it? I highly doubt anyone would not like it but hey I have to ask.

:clap: :bow:
Any idea what the price is on this 'kit'?

The suspense is killing me already...:drool:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can answer some of these questions for Jay...
yes, it's reversible in the same 5 minutes that it takes to install it. It's a 2 piece kit, a CNC machined part and a laser cut part. Installation is very very simple. Only requires a 3/32 hex key, a 14mm wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I can answer some of these questions for Jay...
yes, it's reversible in the same 5 minutes that it takes to install it. It's a 2 piece kit, a CNC machined part and a laser cut part. Installation is very very simple. Only requires a 3/32 hex key, a 14mm wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers.
Thanks for the response!!

I know many people with Celicas. Which Celicas will this kit work for? I can help spread the news.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts