The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 185 Posts

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Same here - IE 11. Logged out, closed browser, opened browser, logged in.

Sidebar still there. :surprise:
Whoa! What the??????

@AG Jeff
@doge
@sleetgt

I'm having the same issue with the Recent Discussions Sidebar. (Firefox/Windows)

I turned it off in SETTINGS but it comes back on...SOMETIMES. Even after closing the browser. PM me if you want more info.

It's too wide for me, I usually mainly look at the Esprit sub-forum, so all those posts just equal CLUTTER.

Too bad we can't just reduce the width...

I'll give it a try both on my computer and IPhone... I DO like the new large smilies :x

More feedback later.
Is THIS the problem with the Sidebar?

:facepalm

'Free' members have limited control over them? :huh:
Updating your user group to be able to full toggle sidebar...

Give it a few mins.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
948 Posts
I am not digging the avocado green/yellow header color. In the user control panel it appears to be a user editable feature. I have played with changing the color but nothing actually changes on the site for me. I have logged off and closed my browser (chrome) and logged back on, no change.

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
S4s
677 Posts
I like the cleaner look and organization. I seem to be finding things easier. The ads don't seem to get in the way anymore.

If I had 1 request, it would be to setup the Marketplace "Parts Market" to be subdivided into car types (Elan, Esprit, Elise, etc.). So if I'm looking for a part for my car, I'm not wading through dozens of posts that aren't relevant and not having to do a "search within this forum" process.

Great job guys!

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,266 Posts
Here I thought Chrome was jacked up. Took it over a minute to load all the new content the first time. Looks nice.

Speaking of sidebars, is there a way to disable or hide the header image with the cars when you are viewing the forums or specific threads? When using a desktop it just wastes a lot of real estate.

·
2006 SportElise #9
268 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't like the new look?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Like it but...

...would love to see an Europa back in the banner...

Attachments

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I like the cleaner look and organization. I seem to be finding things easier. The ads don't seem to get in the way anymore.

If I had 1 request, it would be to setup the Marketplace "Parts Market" to be subdivided into car types (Elan, Esprit, Elise, etc.). So if I'm looking for a part for my car, I'm not wading through dozens of posts that aren't relevant and not having to do a "search within this forum" process.

Great job guys!
We can setup that up down the road if needed, do others have any input.

Here I thought Chrome was jacked up. Took it over a minute to load all the new content the first time. Looks nice.

Speaking of sidebars, is there a way to disable or hide the header image with the cars when you are viewing the forums or specific threads? When using a desktop it just wastes a lot of real estate.
Try clearing your cache or doing a few refreshes and she will start loading quicker.

Unfortunately not at this time but it is a planned feature in version 1.2.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Love the Shiny, Snazzy New Format for Lotus Talk, but....

Love the shiny, snazzy new format for Lotus Talk including the new cover page pic, but...where's the Esprit??? :frown2:

Previously, other Lotus were represented in the cover shot on the main page, now we only see an Evora, new Exige, and Elise. Would have been nice to see an iconic Esprit up there as well. Obviously can't fit everything up there, but Elan, Europa, and others come to mind as well.

Not that big a deal, but would have been nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is a minor issue but I decided to check out the new garage feature and wanted to search for all Exiges. Little subheadings would be useful as I wouldn't have to control+click all 10 different types or editions of Exiges. Attached is what Cars.com does for BMWs. You can click on 3-Series instead of having to click every one below it. Thanks for updating the site!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
My Active Topics tab is truncating the thread titles using both forum skins

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
That didn't work for me...the right side is Lotus-challenged even on full screen. (I turned AdBlockPlus off too, just in case)

·
not your dad's puns
1,753 Posts
Wow, this really is new!

Two issues, both related to marking forums as read.

1) I used to be able to double-click on the icon to the left of a sub-forum, to mark it as read. That doesn't work now.

2) When actually within a sub-forum, selecting "Mark this forum read" used to update it immediately, without reloading. Now I have to reload if I want to confirm that it worked.

Otherwise, thanks for all the work on this!

21 - 40 of 185 Posts