The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Great upgrade :clap: sure a few initial bugs but have you tried MS 10!! Awesome job and a search function that actually brings up the subject you are searching for ! :bow:

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
I am not digging the avocado green/yellow header color.

I, too, think the "yellow" color needs to be, umm, more yellow. ( I didn't say it was "like p*ke" but I WAS thinking it)

Jeff, thanks for fixing the sidebar issue so quickly.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Okay, tried it again and realized something. When I right-clicked and saved the cover pic (which I then posted as an attachment in my earlier post above), I could scroll over and view the other cars. However, on the main cover page at the very top, it won't scroll over. What you see is what you get. Weird! I am using Firefox.

Thanks Jeff...I need to research that link for all the new improvements and changes.

·
Registered
945 Posts
+1 for the topic titles bug. Really annoying to get the first 3 words of a topic.

Otherwise, I like it! Drag and Drop upload is a much needed upgrade to the 21st century and the actual thread view is much better at showing me content. Thanks for the quick sidebar fix, as well!

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I, too, think the "yellow" color needs to be, umm, more yellow. ( I didn't say it was "like p*ke" but I WAS thinking it)

Jeff, thanks for fixing the sidebar issue so quickly.
Ok I will ticket this off, it could take a day or two to update.

Jeff

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
+1 for the topic titles bug. Really annoying to get the first 3 words of a topic.

Otherwise, I like it! Drag and Drop upload is a much needed upgrade to the 21st century and the actual thread view is much better at showing me content. Thanks for the quick sidebar fix, as well!
My Active Topics tab is truncating the thread titles using both forum skins

Updated...

Jeff

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Administrator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I am not digging the avocado green/yellow header color. In the user control panel it appears to be a user editable feature. I have played with changing the color but nothing actually changes on the site for me. I have logged off and closed my browser (chrome) and logged back on, no change.
Having creative tweaks the colors, might take 24-48 hours to fix.

Jeff

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quick reply has a bug. Sometimes I have to reload the page for it to work correctly (for the comment to be submitted).

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Wow. I think I like it.

What are the chances of getting a stealth mode like Seloc has?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Old format it was possible to minimize the stories with large pictures between the top header bar and the various threads. Can they me minimized or eliminated from view somehow?

I miss an Europa too.

And as many have said the mucus yellow-green is hard to handle.

More like some other boards I follow, but will take some adjustment after 9 years.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Can we get Solar Yellow instead of mustard yellow?
Or blue or red or green or purple, just not this awful bilious gold?
Thank you!

·
Registered
437 Posts
LT new Look

Love the new look and usability ... but what happened to the option that allowed you to view all the new posts since your last visit ?
This was my favourite as I could miss a few days and still keep up with anything new.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I liked the old one better. This one has more ads and looks like a step backwards.

·
694 Posts
Great updated look. I'll try it on my tablet and phone for a few days to see if it's fast enough and may get rid of the app if the performance is there. The "bilious gold" clearly separates each post so I don't dislike it.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Wow, I'm disappointed that this design change was never discussed with the users.
To me, it looks hideous, especially the colors, and all the spacings and tabs are too large. This will be the only website I'll have to 'zoom out' to make everything look smaller and compact so that I can scroll less.
And what's up with the low-res or jpeg artifacts on the left three cars in the main banner? These jagged edges are an eyesore.
Is the left sidebar missing? The main content looks lopsided and off-center now. I much prefer the look of the previous version where everything important was right in the center of the screen since I use a VERY LARGE monitor. The front page looks fine, though, since it's 'centered', albeit it's bit narrow and the right sidebar is encroaching to the center.

The welcome changes are:
abandoning the forum software's search in favor of google, although I always used "site:lotustalk.com blah blab blah" on a separate tab.
streamlined file attachment? (hopefully it resizes all the pictures on its own? It's the only reason why I link instead of attaching).

Sure, this is a drastic change and, it can be expected that some will not like it. I am one of them.
I will eventually deal with the new look, but the thing I don't like the most and feels that needs to be changed (not the trivial stuff like the color choices) is the vertical spacing between the tabs. Everything is too tall and have too much space!

I hope the admins and designers give it some more time 'til everything looks 'right'.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Wow, I'm disappointed that this design change was never discussed with the users.
To me, it looks hideous, especially the colors, and all the spacings and tabs are too large. This will be the only website I'll have to 'zoom out' to make everything look smaller and compact so that I can scroll less.
And what's up with the low-res or jpeg artifacts on the left three cars in the main banner? These jagged edges are an eyesore.
Is the left sidebar missing? The main content looks lopsided and off-center now. I much prefer the look of the previous version where everything important was right in the center of the screen since I use a VERY LARGE monitor. The front page looks fine, though, since it's 'centered', albeit it's bit narrow and the right sidebar is encroaching to the center.

The welcome changes are:
abandoning the forum software's search in favor of google, although I always used "site:lotustalk.com blah blab blah" on a separate tab.
streamlined file attachment? (hopefully it resizes all the pictures on its own? It's the only reason why I link instead of attaching).

Sure, this is a drastic change and, it can be expected that some will not like it. I am one of them.
I will eventually deal with the new look, but the thing I don't like the most and feels that needs to be changed (not the trivial stuff like the color choices) is the vertical spacing between the tabs. Everything is too tall and have too much space!

I hope the admins and designers give it some more time 'til everything looks 'right'.
Finally someone says what I wanted to say... With all the praising and positive comments I told myself not to post anything negative since the morning. Thank you Scott.

I 100% agree with what Scott mentioned.

1) The banner picture is in low resolution.
2) What's up with New Evora, New Exige and "Old" Elise? That's weird and not consistent....
3) Esprit, Elan, Lotus 7 need to be there because this is a Lotus forum, not a "Modern" Lotus forum.
4) The lime green looks good on Lotus, but they don't look good on the design of the forum.
5) fonts are getting really huge, i know I can fix that on my end but still, I miss the clean look from the previous version.
6) Stop messing with the mobile and tablet version, it's been very incomplete and slow since you guys started changing it a year or two years ago.

I hope these are constructive comments, and I really appreciate the effort of making a change. And I definitely appreciate the photo uploading feature, thanks Jeff.

41 - 60 of 185 Posts