The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I do like the change on my laptop but on my phone I wish I had the same look, instead I get this mobile version. I wish I could change it to the desktop version. I saw where you can change it back to the classic style, if you want to, on my computer but can't on my phone. Is their any way to do that? If not I guess I'll just get used to it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Adblock... I don't like blocking ads on website I like supporting, but if they become intrusive, they get blocked. I buy my parts from forum sponsors though so there's that.

The recent discussions box on the right overlaps the forum sections on my front page though - I have a 1920x1080 in portrait mode so that's probably why...

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I don't like how dark the background of the main discussion panels is, but I especially don't like how wide the Recent Discussions panel is. It makes it nearly impossible to read the titles of the threads on the left on a tablet as that column ends up wrapping to two words per line. For now I've switched back to the old skin.

·
Such Moderate
6,770 Posts
I went ahead and merged all the threads pertaining to the update of the forum so all the feedback and discussion can be seen by the staff.

·
Such Moderate
6,770 Posts
It's there along with an Elan - just WIDEN your browser.... :)

3) Esprit, Elan, Lotus 7 need to be there because this is a Lotus forum, not a "Modern" Lotus forum.
See the above quote. There is an Esprit there. Just some browsers aren't wide enough to see it. This shouldn't be difficult to fix though.

Or blue or red or green or purple, just not this awful bilious gold?
Thank you!
I think blue would look good.

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
This site just cost me about $30,000. :surprise:
Every time I come on, the orange 400 in the banner speaks to me and says "go directly to the dealer and order a new orange 400". :grin2:

Just kidding... I prefer the old site but I am getting slowly used to the new site. Now please get rid of that 400 so it stops talking to me :facepalm

·
Such Moderate
6,770 Posts
Does everyone's image go to the newest post? Can that be adjusted back to starting a thread at the first post? Aggravating when you go to a thread you have never opened before and it goes to the end.
This can be changed in your User CP under how to display threads.

How do I show posts since my last visit? It's the only function of the old forum I ever used.
Just click "NEW POSTS" up in the green menu bar.

This site just cost me about $30,000. :surprise:
Every time I come on, the orange 400 in the banner speaks to me and says "go directly to the dealer and order a new orange 400". :grin2:

Just kidding... I prefer the old site but I am getting slowly used to the new site. Now please get rid of that 400 so it stops talking to me :facepalm
It does look so good in orange. Let me know when you order it -poke-

·
Registered
365 Posts
I really can't stand this current website design trend that heavily favors tablet & mobile users. It really looks like step back in time....giant fonts, giant pictures, too much whitespace...

It's like the Jitterbug of website design:

Switching to Classic now.

·
Administrator
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
See the above quote. There is an Esprit there. Just some browsers aren't wide enough to see it. This shouldn't be difficult to fix though.

I think blue would look good.
IMO the yellow is a little too bright. I would vote for a blue of some sort.
On it, we will sort out the other issues withing the next few business days.

Jeff

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
UPDATE:

Do you guys like this more Yellow coloring instead of the green?

Jeff
The yellow is better than the bacteria green/yellow color, though white text on yellow is hard to read. I honestly preferred the classic grey contrasting vs the yellow as it was simple and effective.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
The blue is the ticket. That's what some other boards I follow use that have a very similar template.

Thanks for working so hard to make this as workable as we can.

·
694 Posts
Blue is best i think...less original but the easiest on my eyes. But you got to try orange before we conclude!

81 - 100 of 185 Posts