The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Such Moderate
6,770 Posts
@AG Jeff

The new Forum software creates a bar across the top with a REPLY button on the left, and social media buttons on the right.

When you try to view a new post to a Topic, this bar covers the date and top line or two of the response we come to the Forum to look at.

Is there a way to turn this feature off? I find it annoying because I can't see the date on the posts I'm looking at. I don't even know what it is called...

(Firefox 40.0.3 on Windows Vista)
Take a screen shot of this.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,650 Posts
Take a screen shot of this.
Here 'tis. Forgot to attach it. :facepalm

It's like an "Always on Top" frame...it doesn't move when the webpages scroll. It only appears on individual Topic pages, not the Topic listing pages.

Attachments

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,650 Posts
Just an update.

My issue must have been addressed somewhat...now, after a few seconds, the section of the post, hidden by that REPLY bar, moves down so that the post appears in it's entirety.

Thanks!

+++++++++++++

To quote from George Jetson:

"I'm tired, Dear, I had a hard day at the Button."

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If anyone cares: I am only going to visit twice a day in order to cut down on the hang up screen to screen. I assume this is some sort of Google based ad program, but it hangs up between 5 and 15 seconds between screens. I don't have an ad blocker, just Norton security.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
If anyone cares: I am only going to visit twice a day in order to cut down on the hang up screen to screen. I assume this is some sort of Google based ad program, but it hangs up between 5 and 15 seconds between screens. I don't have an ad blocker, just Norton security.
What are you seeing in the load bar when you get the hang?

Kyle

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just to be clear, the button that is non op for me is the "POST QUICK REPLY" button below the message box, not the "Quick Reply" button above the message box (on the bottom of the previous poster's message box. Although, I can now confirm that one does not post my message either.
+1 for me on this in Chrome on Mac.

I have to go into advanced and then hit submit reply to post

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
@AG Jeff - There an awful lot of issues recorded here with no acknowledgement or response from an administrator. Converting the forum to a new platform is no doubt a big job, but there ought to be time for a "We value your input and continue to work on correcting problems as quickly as resources allow."

Glen

·
Administrator
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
@AG Jeff - There an awful lot of issues recorded here with no acknowledgement or response from an administrator. Converting the forum to a new platform is no doubt a big job, but there ought to be time for a "We value your input and continue to work on correcting problems as quickly as resources allow."

Glen
Heya Glen,

I understand completely.

Are there any issues that you have still been having, most have been addressed?

Sorry if myself or the team did not follow up, we have a portfolio of 1200+ sites which makes things a little hairy.

Let me know what is outstanding and I will hot route them to the team ASAP to make things right for the community.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Here 'tis. Forgot to attach it. :facepalm

It's like an "Always on Top" frame...it doesn't move when the webpages scroll. It only appears on individual Topic pages, not the Topic listing pages.
You can see the dates of the posts, just not the ones that you're passing by as you scroll.

+1 for me on this in Chrome on Mac.

I have to go into advanced and then hit submit reply to post
This function works, it could be your Chrome version, which version are you using and have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?
Lastly are you running any adblock/noscript plugins? They will block some functions on the site.

Lee

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
This function works, it could be your Chrome version, which version are you using and have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?
Lastly are you running any adblock/noscript plugins? They will block some functions on the site.
Confirmed that it is an Adblock Plus issue. vBulletin really should get that fixed as its quite annoying and out of the forum owners hands.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
As of this morning my "Post Quick Reply" button issue seems to have been resolved. :D

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
There is something goofy about the code behind the submit button for a reply. I'm on an iPad Mini running iOS 8.4.1. I have to press the 'Submit Reply' button twice to get it to work every single time . . . I'm about to do it again . . .

. . . yup, just happened. It looks like the first press dismisses the keyboard, the second press submits the reply. That should be fixed.

When I edited this message, I had to press the 'Save' button twice too (even if I dismissed the keyboard beforehand).

Glen
@AG Jeff - It looks like this issue is fixed. Thanks!

I did see one case where I pressed 'Submit Reply', the message was posted and the message composition screen was not dismissed, but I haven't been able to re-create that.

Glen

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
What are you seeing in the load bar when you get the hang?

Kyle
Sometimes just gray, then a blank box, then a blank box with a little blue arrow. Then the ad. Also, the side box is blank with just the Google search box, then the ads.

I assume the new ad loading software is Google based as opposed to before with just prior cookies loading the ads. It is 5 to 15 seconds screen to screen for me every time.

I am down to one visit a day and I will not "hang" around waiting (;)) so the number of posts and pages I visit is substantially reduced when I do. It can't be just my computer as I haven't noticed a change at other web sites. I am disappointed as I like to visit a few times a day to see what is going on in Lotusland.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,650 Posts
Reminder: You can always go back to the old software and look simply by clicking the drop-down at the lower-left corner of every page.

Instead of "LotusTalk (full), select "Classic'.

But, a warning: Some of the 'enhancements' have been incorporated into the Classic view...

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Sometimes just gray, then a blank box, then a blank box with a little blue arrow. Then the ad. Also, the side box is blank with just the Google search box, then the ads.

I assume the new ad loading software is Google based as opposed to before with just prior cookies loading the ads. It is 5 to 15 seconds screen to screen for me every time.

I am down to one visit a day and I will not "hang" around waiting (;)) so the number of posts and pages I visit is substantially reduced when I do. It can't be just my computer as I haven't noticed a change at other web sites. I am disappointed as I like to visit a few times a day to see what is going on in Lotusland.
Kyle is referring to the loading bar at the bottom of the site/page. It's on the bottom left side of page, when sites take a long time to load, you can usually tell what it's waiting for by looking here. Once we can confirm that it's the ad, or something else, we'll be able to address the issue.
loading bar.png

Lee, community support

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,351 Posts
Bug report:

On the homepage, there is a list of most popular posts.

Clicking on any of those, they autoscroll you down to the most recent post. But if I've never read the thread before, I would much prefer to see the first post so that I know what's going on. Seems like a bug.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts