The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in my Crutchfield catalog today:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-da6TDfFCmdJ/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=020SRV303

Its a Clarion powered sub thats only 13"x9"x3". Looks like it would fit behind the passenger seat on the shelf.

Seems like it can be found for <$200 if you don't mind a no-name online vendor.

Anyone seen one of these? I wonder if any of the brick and mortar places have them so that I can test fit. Anyways, this looks like it might be a decent plug and play solution.

-Dave

'05 Lotus Elise BRP, Touring, Hardtop

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, looks like it might be a good solution. This unit's apparently gotten some good consumer reviews, and is available at pretty low prices.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Bazooka BTA6200
BT Series 200-watt powered 6" bass tube

Do you guys think it would fit on the back shelf behind the seats? Possibly vertical between the seats?

Key Features:

6" woofer with treated foam surround
power output 200 watts RMS
variable low-pass filter (60-250 Hz at 18 dB/octave)
line- and speaker-level inputs
power/signal harness includes 11" power wire, 23" ground wire, 10" turn on and speaker input leads, RCA inputs, and auto turn-on jumper
frequency response 39-250 Hz
sensitivity 100 dB
6-7/8"W x 8-1/4"H x 18-3/8"L
4-ohm impedance
warranty: 1 year

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've got a old Bazooka RS 6-6.5" sub sitting around the garage. Will try it out in a week or two, after I get my car. Off hand think the gas tank is beneath the shelf so may not use screws to mount it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Bazooka tubes are pretty much the worst bass option (IMO) for any stereo. Don't even waste your money. I'm going to be looking at a single JL Audio sub and MQ Quart speakers for the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
On Bazooka I'd agree there main stream line (use to be EL) were bad. The upper line is pretty good. Replace the RS with a 8" JL with 200 watts from a PPI amp and MB Quarts in the MR2. Other then hitting lower and louder doesn't have a thing over the RS- to be expected with a bigger sub & more power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts