The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have prototyped the new exhaust tip that some of your have asked us to do for our Above Diffuser Exit version of the sonicFURY muffler. This new sonicFURY has the same great sound that has won over many Lotus owners with its dual personality BUT now it has a more aggressive exhaust tip.

I spent the day at our exhaust supplier facility to get the angle and style just right. I have worked with many exhaust companies and I believe that this version hits all my critical buttons. I'm not a big fan of overly large diameter tips and this one stays within my definition of what looks cool. I've decided to have two versions of this Above Diffuser muffler put into production. One will be all polished for a bit more bling. The second is all brushed for a more subdued and technical look.

We should have stock of the "sonicFURY stinger" in the next month or so. Of course I had to take this opportunity to come up with a new name. :evil:

Yes, we still stock and sell the Diffuser Exit version. Find it: HERE

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The tip will be welded on so there is no way for us to swap between the old and new styles. This picture shows the prototype off the car. This one is NOT representative of the final product. Production starts this week.

Attachments

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I like it! I assume that the tip and the rest of the muffler will have the same finish on the final production versions?

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Looks great, fills a real need.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it! I assume that the tip and the rest of the muffler will have the same finish on the final production versions?
Correct, two versions: Either All Polished (tip & muffler can) or All Brushed.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, fills a real need.
We will have the original version as well for old timers like me...:D At least until they sell out and then I think we will only offer the 'Stinger' version. Regardless of tip, the wicked sound remains the same.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for bringing this to the market! I'm hoping I can get one of these this spring!
You're welcome!

The Exige is more sensitive to drone - my arm chair theory is that the rear clam acts like a sound chamber and amplifies drone. Some mufflers that sound great in an Elise, will drone like a mutha in an Exige. Our sonicFURY mufflers work especially well in an Exige with no drone.

We will be ready when you are. :)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've decided to polish 100% of this production run - based on feedback from all of you. We still have stock of the original version in brushed finish.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Production parts are complete and in transit to us now. We should have them by Tues.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In stock and ready to ROCK! We have them priced at an introductory price along with the OG version of the sonicFURY at a new lower price. Check them out: HERE

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's some good inside/outside sound clips from this video footage from Steele:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a great muffer! Like seeing more options for the Eliges...
It has the same muffler can as the other two versions. The only difference is the tip. We essentially have one that exits through the diffuser and two that exit above. The sound remains the same for all three.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a Larini exhaust on my Elise SC and had Inokinetics swap it for a SonicFury. I love it. As others have said, there's no drone, and it really screams at the higher RPMs which is where I want the loud exhaust note. The Larini muffler I had removed is pictured below in case anybody wants to make me an offer. :)

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...I love it. As others have said, there's no drone, and it really screams at the higher RPMs which is where I want the loud exhaust note...
We just sold Tim Mullen's Elise to a nice local couple. When they heard the sonicFURY on my Elise - they immediately asked me to install one. We put on the Diffuser Exit version.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts