The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently made a deposit on a 2010 Lotus Evora with about 10,000 - Sillver/Pimento, it has just about every package, Premium Package , Sport Package , Navigation System , Park Distance Control , , Tech Pkg, RV Camera, Sport Ratio Gear Box, Forged Silver Wheels, Starshield, Stage II Exhaust, I even have the original sticker which was $86,265. Its been a one owner car, from the car fax it appears it has 5 "service records" doesnt say what these are for only "recommended service" or nothing. It appears that all Technical Service bulletins have been addressed (for instance I know that they put in a new Dashboard to address the issue with the leather) - The price $52,500

1. The deposit is already made, and I am getting the car - but I am curious - Good Price?
2. I have diligently read the forums - so I am aware of issues related to early vehicles (manufactured March 2010) - Could this be a "Launch Edition"? It seems most issues weren't addressed till later in 2010, but it seems most things have been addressed.
3. Anyone replace the battery with a LIFEpo4 battery? Like Chimera? Chimera Batteries – Performance Battery Systems
4. The car is silver, with Pimento interior, I was thinking of having the roof wrapped glossy black - anyone have any picture of a silver/pimemto with a black roof?

Thanks,

·
Registered
396 Posts
Good price. If it is current on service bulletins and ECU updates, I wouldnt worry about the born on date.

I say wrap the whole thing in black! Starlight Black FTMFW!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have recently made a deposit on a 2010 Lotus Evora with about 10,000 - Sillver/Pimento, it has just about every package, Premium Package , Sport Package , Navigation System , Park Distance Control , , Tech Pkg, RV Camera, Sport Ratio Gear Box, Forged Silver Wheels, Starshield, Stage II Exhaust, I even have the original sticker which was $86,265. Its been a one owner car, from the car fax it appears it has 5 "service records" doesnt say what these are for only "recommended service" or nothing. It appears that all Technical Service bulletins have been addressed (for instance I know that they put in a new Dashboard to address the issue with the leather) - The price $52,500

1. The deposit is already made, and I am getting the car - but I am curious - Good Price?
2. I have diligently read the forums - so I am aware of issues related to early vehicles (manufactured March 2010) - Could this be a "Launch Edition"? It seems most issues weren't addressed till later in 2010, but it seems most things have been addressed.
3. Anyone replace the battery with a LIFEpo4 battery? Like Chimera? Chimera Batteries – Performance Battery Systems
4. The car is silver, with Pimento interior, I was thinking of having the roof wrapped glossy black - anyone have any picture of a silver/pimemto with a black roof?

Thanks,
From what you have listed, I would think this is a "Launch Edition". That is not a bad thing. Are you purchasing from a Lotus dealer? If so have them show you an ECU dump, and a service history from the Lotus USA dealer database. If it is not a Lotus dealer, you can give a local dealer (one that you will give your service buisness to) the vin # and ask for the service records without the personal info of the previous owner. And welcome to the Lotus family.
Ron
Ron

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ECU - Dump

its all relatively greek to me. The dealer said "Cleanest ecu dump" he has ever seen .. . .but realy what is he suppose to say.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
its all relatively greek to me. The dealer said "Cleanest ecu dump" he has ever seen .. . .but realy what is he suppose to say.
If the engine hours are at 149 and the car has 10,000 miles wouldn't that make the average speed ~67mph. That doesn't seem inline with the rest of the report. ...or is my math just wrong?

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Sounds like a highway driven car. Good price. Enjoy and welcome to the REAL "Ultimate Driving Machine". Just drive it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts