The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Doubt it, the PIAA wheels that ForcedFed sells has 17x8 rears and they were very close to rubbing from what I've heard. Anything wider than 8 inches, you'll probably need to widen the bodywork or clear the gap and just have your tires stick out.

·
Registered
892 Posts
9 inches is quite large, for something like 275 tire.

My rear wheel is 8.25 large (16 inches wheel) with 245 tire. Tight fit.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Seems like the in thing for some European markets is the stretched tire deal ..... I wouldn't totally be suprised if they intend you to run a 225 on that 9" wheel

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
They probably fit, with some maximum tire section width. Figure that a 9" rim makes the tire section width effectively about 0.4" wider than the same tire on an 8" rim. We know a 245 tire fits when mounted on an 8" rim, so a 235 tire (which has about 0.4" less section width) should fit with the 9" rim. This assumes they moved the offset about 1/2" inwards (less offset) from the 8" rim, which they did. Since some tire manufacturers vary on the actual (vs. advertised) section width, it's quite possible some 245s will also fit on the 9" rim. Note that a 9" rim is well within the range of widths acceptable with a 235 section width tire: http://www.yokohamatire.com/utrimwidth.asp

·
Registered
454 Posts
any pics of the new SSR rim?

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
From SSR's site, they look the same as the old ones...

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
that offset is not going to work. That will stick out of the fender like 2cm. You need something around ~ +43.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Optimum wheel size with radials normally has the wheel width the same as the tire tread width. A 9 inch rim usually matches up to about a 245 to 255 tire. A 245/40-17 Hoosier would probably need just the right offset.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts