The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just got my new wheels in from Sector111 and had to post pics. I liked these wheels because they somewhat resemble the star-shaped Ferrari wheels of the 1980s. I already get a lot of "which Ferrari is that?". Looks like I'll continue to have the chance to use my favorite response, "It's the new Ferrari Lotus".

Thanks again to the folks at Sector111. Abel was very helpful and responsive to my (hopefully not too incessant) order inquiries. I have always been pleased with S111's products and service and this experience was no different.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sweet, I've been looking at those same wheels this week! You should post some full pictures of the car..

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have to agree. Those are georgeous rims. I like them in black too on certain colors. Sector 111 really has a winner with this design - I only wish they were less expensive. There are other mods that can be had for that kind of $ with more impact.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I have to ask - do you back into your garage? The reason I ask is because your yellow "bump stop" is backwards. Thinking about it, if you back in, the "bump stop" should be placed so the back wheel is on it (otherwise you would have to drive over it with the back tires then again with the front tire) so it's still 'wrong" if you back in.

If you drive in frontwards, then you have the "bump stop" backwards... :shrug:

By the way... Nice wheels!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Looks awesome! More pics! :D

Can you get the whole car in a shot? I haven't seen these on a red car before.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Awesome combination of car color and wheels! If I had an AR Elise I would paint these wheels gold then put "P4 JR" on my license plate. Very nice. :clap:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Right, drop the lotus wheel centers and get ferrari ones, from sweetdaddyd then spray them black, and drop anything else on the car that says lotus, and swap it for ferrari

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The number of balance weights may be a little deceiving. When you look at it in person, it looks like S111 put some weights in a row and then moved them over a bit. However, they left some of the adhesive where the weights were moved from. So you are seeing some of the old adhesive that looks like weights. Plus, I had S111 install a TPMS in each wheel.

If you drive in frontwards, then you have the "bump stop" backwards... :shrug:
I didn't know there was a front or back. The bump stop has one hump in the front and one hump in the back, so the tire rests in the valley. This may not be totally clear from the picture. I drive in the garage forwards with the bumpstop under the front left tire.

I'll shoot some more pics of the whole car later this week. I still have to get the rear tires mounted on their rims since I am re-using my existing Yokohamas (which still have considerable tread left).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the rear tires mounted. Discovered that the StellaCORSE require "outtie" center caps. I had the flush ones. So new ones are on the way. Anyway some pics for those who like these wheels also. The last one I couldn't resist since I couldn't figure which one was smiling more, the car or my son.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, beautiful.. so will these cause any rubbing issues with hard cornering, autoX, etc?

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Those look awesome!!! I'm jealous!:drool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
What are Outtie center caps?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments.

MHouston,
After a couple days of spirited driving, I have had no rubbing issues. Nor do I expect to. I assumed the extra width on the front wheels would be equally divided between the inside and outside of the wheel, but it's not. The fronts extend much farther out from the wheel well, so most of the extra width is on the outside of the wheel, if that makes sense.

Max,
Outtie center caps are ones that protrude about an inch from the center of the wheel. They are necessary to cover the hub bolt (?) if the center of the rim is not very deep. My stock rear wheels were thick enough in the middle that covered the hub bolt, so I had center caps that were flush with the wheel. But these new wheels are thinner in the center, so a raised cap is needed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks - I have black StellaCorse wheels on order and will need em too

Are these the ones ? (taken from Lotus Garage) Item 5 (not 5a)

View Larger Image 05 Wheel Centre Cover, Lotus logo
SKU: A120G0045F
Our Price: $13.51
Quantity:

Overview
Extended insert, also on forged wheels

1 - 20 of 21 Posts