The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new Vision Function Inter-cooled SC (stage 2). I also had a S111 ACT 240 clutch, a Findanza Flywheel, GPAN3, Radium twin Catch Cans and sport motor-mount inserts installed. The new ECU is a variant of the Charlie X Gotham Tune.

T.J. and company over at Gator Motorsport did the install, had no problems. :clap: The car started up first turn and runs great. My first drive with it felt like I was in a new car. My shifting is so smooth now and the power is simply amazing. I'm still learning to handle the car better with this extra HP and it will take a little getting used to but I'm so happy to be SC'd now. Wonderful build, great kit and I'm very satisfied. My car sounds like a jet engine sorta.
:shift:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks pretty sweet I did a similar install this year. Definetly changed for the better. I am very impressed with the act clutch. Its very smooth and driveable.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
the m62 blower definitely has that cool whine to it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Looks awesome John. TJ does some fantastic work as always.

Now that there is 3 of them (4 if we go to Gingerman) running around, you will have to do some track days with us so we can all sound like jet fighters!

Congrats on having a "new" car and be careful on corner exits, that thing spins up quick!

Darrin

·
Registered
583 Posts
Why this kit over boe?
I dont know specifically why this guy went with the kit he did but there are advantages to both. Depending on your power needs/budget that can determine which kit. I like the mp62 kits for lower power because of that intoxicating whine :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a warranty of 3 years on the SC parts and I trust Gator Motorsport and their work. I didn't want over the top HP, 265-280 at the wheel is just perfect for me. The MP62 is solid and has been around.

It sounds great too and I have the best Lotus support via TJ that anyone could ask for.

That is why I went with the VF kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,991 Posts
I got a warranty of 3 years on the SC parts and I trust Gator Motorsport and their work. I didn't want over the top HP, 265-280 at the wheel is just perfect for me. The MP62 is solid and has been around.

It sounds great too and I have the best Lotus support via TJ that anyone could ask for.

That is why I went with the VF kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Wait Vision Function offered a 3 year warranty? On what? The materials or will they cover your engine should you grenade it?

·
Supporting Vendor
146 Posts
The warranty is on manufacturer defects.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,991 Posts
The warranty is on manufacturer defects.
Gotcha... That isn't worth all that much unfortunately. The parts (if tested by suppliers) are simple enough that they shouldn't fail, and if they do odds are it won't be a manufacturing defect!

however, since TJ did the install we know it wouldn't fail from an installation error either! ...I mean he is the man! :clap:

John - Glad you are supercharged now! Now you can keep up with the rest of us! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts