The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally hit enough posts to start a thread so just wanted to say hello. I just got my Titanium 06 Elise this past Feb. I'm in the Alexandria area of Northern Virginia new to the whole community and lovin it!

-Cheers!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Did you make it to GYLO this past weekend?

I'm moving to arlington this fall, and there are a lot of lotus guys in the area. 37 made it out this weekend and there are a few more who didn't make it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome! I too live in Alexandria (OTA area) and have a storm titanium 06 - it looks like we are taking over. :) Silver_Surfer and Almighty also live very close so we'll all definitely have to meet up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha that is right! I fell in love with that color for the subtlety ;) I would love to meet up sometime, I have a pretty busy summer planned but we should plan some kind of event.

·
Registered
712 Posts
1. Welcome!
2. Every weekend there's an event of some kind.
3.What is this "subtlety" thing?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a joke, pretty lame, I love the color but the car itself is not subtle, err so anyways that's awesome about the events I am new to the Lotus community and ownership, I'm guessing most event listings are posted here or links are provided in most cases?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just a joke, pretty lame, I love the color but the car itself is not subtle, err so anyways that's awesome about the events I am new to the Lotus community and ownership, I'm guessing most event listings are posted here or links are provided in most cases?
I think it's all in what you want and want to do. Are you looking at Lotus specific events? If so, you just need to look in the events section. If you are looking for DMV specific driving events or car events in general, you'll have to look for other sources obviously. Again, there seems to be something going on every weekend, even if it's just Fermi laughing at Silver_surfer and myself because we're half brain dead.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's all in what you want and want to do. Are you looking at Lotus specific events? If so, you just need to look in the events section. If you are looking for DMV specific driving events or car events in general, you'll have to look for other sources obviously. Again, there seems to be something going on every weekend, even if it's just Fermi laughing at Silver_surfer and myself because we're half brain dead.
Awesome I did not realize there was an events section! Seems I'm a little brain dead myself.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hey welcome, seems like nearly every weekend we are installing or working on one of our cars in my garage, it's not the biggest, but it does the job.

*that's what she said

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Welcome! You MUST make The Original British Car Day event in Adamstown, MD this coming Sunday. If the weather is good, there will be several hundred vintage and new Brit cars, and several dozen vintage and newer Lotus. The local Lotus Ltd club will have a tent in the Lotus area. It is the biggest Brit Car Day event in the Mid-Atlantic area.

http://www.chesapeakechaptermgtclub.com/OBCD_main.htm

Last time I was there was 2010, took second in 'modern' Lotus with an 07 Exige. This year I will be in the vintage Lotus class with my Europa.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is awesome congrats btw I don't think I will be able to make it at the start but I could possibly make it there before you guys are gone.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Welcome! There are many Cars & Coffee events every weekend.
Katie's Cars & Coffee, in Great Falls, VA is Saturday, very early - if you don't get there before 7AM, you won't get a good spot. The address -

Katie's Coffee
760 Walker Road
Great Falls, VA 22066

I'm there pretty much every week, and several other Lotus show up often, too.

On Sundays, I go to Fair Lakes in Fairfax, VA. It starts between 8 and 8:30AM Sundays. Address -

12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

See you soon!

--Bob Collum
'07 Ardent Red Elise

1 - 20 of 24 Posts