The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original thread for Dave's two-piece rotors is now 9 pages and has 10,000 views. Much of the information about these rotors is scattered across those 9 pages, so I thought I would start a new thread and lock the old one. If you want to read the whole 9 pages, you can find them here.

Dave has hats already in stock, so he is ready to do another group buy for these. A total of four full sets in order to make it work. If you're interested, these are the "lightest" setup (nobody was interested in the slightly cheaper but slightly heavier setup). The time to delivery should be about four weeks from the time where the final order has been received.

Here's how to order. The total cost is $1158 plus $49.85 for shipping, for a total of $1207.85. You can either:
  • Mail a check in the amount of $1,207.85 to Dave Levy, Cedar Ridge Fabrication, 15707 NW McNamee Road, Portland, Oregon 97231.
  • Use PayPal to send Dave $1244.09 (includes the cost of the PayPal transfer) using the address [email protected].
In either case, pls. remember to include the address and telephone number for where you'd like the rotors delivered! I'd also recommend that you PM me the same information just so that I can keep tabs on everyone's order. Dave's pretty good with record keeping, but I'm better... ;)

Replacement disks are $435 for a pair, they come with new hardware. Shipping is $20-28 per set. PM me with your address, email address, and phone number if you want a set, and I'll 'suss out the exact shipping cost. Remember that you'll need to add 3% if you're paying with PayPal to cover the fee.

Finally, Dave has two 4-wheel sets of Pagid RS-14 brake pads in stock (he ordered extras when he got me a new set). Cost is $390 shipped in lower 48 states.

Best,
Twin

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP, in case anyone's not see this thread, and it's gotten buried.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP, in case anyone's not seen this thread, and it's gotten buried.

Dave mentioned that he intends to start selling these two-piece rotors through more conventional channels, so this will probably be the last time he does this as a Group Buy.

GB participants can continue to order replacement discs through Dave directly.

Given that the retail price will be higher in the future (in order to provide profit profit to the retailer), if you think you want a set of these rotors, now would be a good time to buy them. ;)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Can you PM Dave's contact info please?

Thanks,
xtn

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP: Dave is about to place an order for rotors. Hats are in stock. If you want to get in on this Group Buy, now is the time, otherwise the window will have closed. Per my earlier post, pls. be advised that Dave is probably going to shift to using established retailers for marketing these in the future, which means that you will probably not see another round of the Group Buy again. (Everyone who already has a set will continue to be able to order replacement discs through Dave.)

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Replacement friction discs.

It has been a while since I made a batch of these but there are still many in service, If anyone need discs please let me know. I still make them and I can now offer a floating version of the discs that work on the original hats. I am using a set of these on my car and I'm happy with the performance.

Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Dave

Reactions: darkSol
1 - 8 of 8 Posts