The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share my recent tire research/purchase. My car is a 2006 Elise with the touring package and stock wheels. After much google-fu-ing the site, current tire selections for stock wheels is rather lacking in thread content. After talking to one of the experts at Tirerack, I just bought BF Goodrich G-Force Comp2's, 205/45-16 front, 225/45-17 rear. Had them put on the rims (carry-in) at wally world. Total was right at five bills. These replaced the Kumho Ecsta's that were on the car when I bough it, fairly worn (down to the wear bars on one rear) and hard. Took the car into work today. Increased grip is quite impressive.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm going to try out the Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs (not ZII), and see how they do. I'm going from the R888s. To be fair, I'm keeping the same fitment size for testing. Worst case I buy a different set for the track. At $89 a tire, it's hard to not try them out.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No tire rubbing. I had 205-55-16's on the front before. These are slightly lower than the previous ones, which has caused me to find new high spots in my driveway.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'm glad you like them! I've been torn between those sport comp 2s and the hankook RS3s for my car. The BFGs are a lot cheaper while still having excellent reviews all over the place.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm glad you like them! I've been torn between those sport comp 2s and the hankook RS3s for my car. The BFGs are a lot cheaper while still having excellent reviews all over the place.
Hankook RS3s hooked up amazingly well in the rev400 I got a ride in the other day. Even when they were cold. Ride was courtesy of Blackwatch Racing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts