The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a 2011 na Evora MT about a week ago. I enjoy driving it but coming from a V10 M5, I'm missing the grunt of the motor. I have read up on CAI's making significant improvement on the sound. I know the Radium CAI is out of production so pretty bummed about that. Next in line would be BOE. Is there anything else out there available?
An exhaust would be next on my list. Still debating whether to go with a Larini or a straight pipe like Plackslayer. This car is my daily driver, so if its too loud, that would probably not be too good. I live in Honolulu, Hawaii and the cops here are dicks. I have received many citations for modded cars over the years, and exhaust has brought many of them. Here, it is up the the officer to determine if the car is too loud or not. If he thinks so, you get a loud muffed ticket, or an Unusual Sound ticket. Not much of a structured system. However, since I have started driving European cars, I have not had much problems. All were from the japanese car phase that a lot of us went through. I once blew past a cop going 80mph in the 25 zone when I had a 996 911. He drove next to me at the next stop light and said slow down. That was it. So I'm thinking that maybe this car will get some leeway with noise, since I personally have only seen 1 other Evora here and they don't know what they are supposed to sound like. Also, safety check is another worry. From late last year, the safety check inspection requires that a photo be taken of the car at the time of issue. This has made getting a safety check very difficult for modified cars. My M5 was not stock, but since lack of knowledge of the M5 the inspector passed it anyway. Hopefully it will be the same for the Evora.
Does anyone run the Plack exhaust for a daily driver? Any input would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Check out this thread http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/boe-evora-cai-123964/

I think Komo-tec is making one; not sure if it is out for production yet. The BOE is tested and proven so it is a safe bet.

Regarding exhausts - many options out there. The Plack isn't that bad unless you really are into the throttle; below 3k it is reasonable. If you are worried about police getting you on "mods" then go with the Lotus sport exhaust.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If you wait around you can usually pick up a used Radium for a pretty good deal. Otherwise BOE is your only bet until Komotec finishes theirs.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
drive it for a month first and give it good work out and then decide what you want to do

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Definitely avoid the Plack if you're in a sound reg area!!!!! Its a straight pipe. Period!!!

I vote for the Larini. Mellow around town with a nice depth but simply wails at high rpms!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts